More BBCode Formatting Please!

Rule discussion, feature requests, what have you.
laffite

Re: More BBCode Formatting Please!

Post by laffite »

Lomm wrote: December 6th, 2022, 3:07 pm That is a thumb, yes. :lol:
:smiley_snoopy:
Good Grief, what a relief! Thanks!
"Pippo"
laffite

Post by laffite »

Speaking of emoticons (since they are trending here due to a marked increase of its population) I dare put up one for consideration, which I like.

The following emoticon is not just an emoticon, it is a performance. It may be most elaborate one of all. King of the emoticons! Stay with it, I haven't timed it, I don't think I have the energy.

To wit:
:tickedoff:

Seeing without using it yet and not be used against you ... yet , it serves as a precautionary tale with the message ... Don't Fulminate, Cool it before you post this, Chill out, Man. Or this is what you will get.
"Pippo"
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

I like that but will have to try to add it when I get time. I have to do those from my personal computer not from my work PC (of course I'm not here while working...that wouldn't be right. :lol:)
laffite

Post by laffite »

Lomm wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:53 am I like that but will have to try to add it when I get time. I have to do those from my personal computer not from my work PC (of course I'm not here while working...that wouldn't be right. :lol:)
If you were responding my post, we already have that one. I was simply highlighting it. Thank you.

-laffite
"Pippo"
laffite

Post by laffite »

laffite wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:49 pm
Lomm wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:53 am I like that but will have to try to add it when I get time. I have to do those from my personal computer not from my work PC (of course I'm not here while working...that wouldn't be right. :lol:)
If you were responding my post, we already have that one. I was simply highlighting it. Sorry, I should have made that clear. Thank you.

-laffite
"Pippo"
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Oh I thought you wanted me to add another one. I added so damn many at once. :lol:
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 5th, 2022, 7:43 pm OK we got tables. To use it you'll see a grid above the posting window, next to the other formatting options.
Lomm,

Thank you for your effort! The Tables grid seems to have vanished, but that's okay.

I took a look at the code you used to create a table in your December 5 response. It's more complex than the example shown in the BBCode instruction Making a table with BBCode. I tried using the BBCode example code in a post but the code was not recognized. Again, creating a table does not matter to me.

My reason for requesting the ability to create a table was because I want to have the ability to create columns. I tried using the code examples shown in the phpBB Studio instructions on Columns, but the code does not work (is not functional) on the SSO.

Is it possible to provide members (okay, ME!) with the ability to create columns in posts?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

The table grid is still there for me in the reply page and lets me create columns. You should still see it too, I don't know why you don't.
Title1 Title2 Title3
Text11 Text21 Text31
Text12 Text22 Text32
Title
Text1
Text2
Text3
Text4
Text5
Text6
Text7
Title1 Title2 Title3 Title4 Title5 Title6 Title7
Text11 Text21 Text31 Text41 Text51 Text61 Text71
Text12 Text22 Text32 Text42 Text52 Text62 Text72
Text13 Text23 Text33 Text43 Text53 Text63 Text73
Text14 Text24 Text34 Text44 Text54 Text64 Text74
Text15 Text25 Text35 Text45 Text55 Text65 Text75
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 17th, 2022, 8:21 pm The table grid is still there for me in the reply page and lets me create columns. You should still see it too, I don't know why you don't.
Nope! Not seeing it!

I see the new align, centre, and float buttons that you created in the row of formatting buttons. Again, thank you! But, no Table grid.

Regarding my request for columns, I tried the float button, and it does what I wanted to accomplish: have an image appear beside text. THANK YOU!

Another request: Are you able to create pop-up tooltips for the Thumb, align, centre, and float buttons?
laffite

Post by laffite »

I've been wondering about "Thumb." Like, what does it do? Thanks.
"Pippo"
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

laffite wrote: December 17th, 2022, 9:39 pm I've been wondering about "Thumb." Like, what does it do? Thanks.
laffite,

Thumb "displays a thumbnail image based on file uploaded to your site." The thumbnail image is smaller than the actual image. When you click a thumbnail image, the image opens (in a new tab or window) in its actual size.

However, [thumb] does not seem to work on the SSO.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Thumb works. Not thumb (uppercase); it’s also on the editor screen when making a post.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 18th, 2022, 5:51 pm Thumb works. Not thumb (uppercase); it’s also on the editor screen when making a post.
It does? The accompanying picture of Zasu Pitts should be thumbnail-sized. But, I'm not seeing it. Is a value (e.g., Thumb=50) needed?

Click for full size
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

Thumb is not what you think it is, in this case. :) What it does is reduce the size of an image that is extremely wide so that a visitor will not have to have side-scrolling windows because an image is stretching their browser window. While you can use that tag on a smaller image (as you have), its real benefit is for enormous pictures to fit in a nicely formatted window.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Lomm wrote: December 19th, 2022, 8:46 am Thumb is not what you think it is, in this case. :) What it does is reduce the size of an image that is extremely wide so that a visitor will not have to have side-scrolling windows because an image is stretching their browser window. While you can use that tag on a smaller image (as you have), its real benefit is for enormous pictures to fit in a nicely formatted window.
Thank you for the clarification and explanation, Lomm!