Familiar faces, new forum

Here's a spot to say "Hello!"
MovieCollectorOH

Familiar faces, new forum

Post by MovieCollectorOH »

Just needed to get through the registration process. Glad to join! :smiley_shades:
LostHorizons

Re: Familiar faces, new forum

Post by LostHorizons »

Welcome, Moviecollector. I always enjoyed your thorough databases of movies played on TCM. I hope you will continue posting them on here.
MovieCollectorOH

Thanks! I'm back after a break from the old forums and then an unexpected work trip that lasted too long. Getting settled back in and things are almost back to normal for me.

A big kudos to SSO for having us, and for having done their due diligence on their code of conduct!
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Welcome!
MovieCollectorOH

Thanks!!
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

MovieCollectorOH wrote: December 8th, 2022, 2:14 am Thanks!!

HIYA. MCOH !!
good to see you
:smiley_cheer:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Welcome aboard!
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

Judging from the traffic on ClassicFilmTvRadio (38 members online in the last 24 hrs) it seems to be putting SSO to shame. WHAT happened? We have 9 members listed!
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Hibi wrote: December 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm Judging from the traffic on ClassicFilmTvRadio (38 members online in the last 24 hrs) it seems to be putting SSO to shame. WHAT happened? We have 9 members listed!
Quality not quantity, Hibi.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Hibi

Post by Hibi »

EP Millstone wrote: December 12th, 2022, 5:04 pm
Hibi wrote: December 12th, 2022, 4:57 pm Judging from the traffic on ClassicFilmTvRadio (38 members online in the last 24 hrs) it seems to be putting SSO to shame. WHAT happened? We have 9 members listed!
Quality not quantity, Hibi.
LOL. Quality is fine, but I'm hoping we have an uptick in quantity too!
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

I saw a few people mention on the other board that they were unaware of what SSO even was. They were then informed, but I don't recall seeing any migrating over.
Watching until the end.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Ya think maybe that old expression "God is on our side" might actually have some bearing on all of this???

(...and ya know, maybe they've got a "like" button over there as well?!)

LOL
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I have a little trouble navigating here. For example, if I post something that's in one of the "Recent Topics" section, I find that I can't locate the thread easily later, because I don't remember (or didn't notice) what topic it was in.

This is a good, but very "busy" board. I LIKE it, and am grateful for its existence, but I think it could be made leaner, which would make navigation easier. For example, is it necessary to have all the moderators listed in red for every thread? Once would be enough. Over busy design does affect ease of navigation.

One aspect of this board that I like very much is the ability to revive some threads that have been dormant for years. Continuity of community is important to me, and of course the subjects are interesting.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Most of those are the game and trivia boards though and those posts require little effort, just a one or two word title. Their version of the General Discussions usually says “last poster: 8 hours ago” every time I check.

Tl;Dr- the numbers are inflated because most of the games and trivia posters went there.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Cuthbert wrote: December 12th, 2022, 6:26 pm I have a little trouble navigating here. For example, if I post something that's in one of the "Recent Topics" section, I find that I can't locate the thread easily later, because I don't remember (or didn't notice) what topic it was in.
Ditto, and I had that problem also on The TCM Message Boards.

My solution is to go to my Profile and click Search user's posts or search my posts via the Most active forum or Most active topic links.
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields