Destry Rides Again!

Dargo

Re: Destry Rides Again!

Post by Dargo »

HEY, and btw here...

I noticed that the word "orgasm" wasn't all asterix-ed out after I entered it, and as it WOULD have been over on the old TCM.com boards!

(...wow, isn't it refreshing to now be at a place where contributors are actually treated like adults?!)
HoldenIsHere

Re: Destry Rides Again!

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Dargo wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:38 pm
HoldenIsHere wrote: December 14th, 2022, 12:20 am
Dargo wrote: December 13th, 2022, 11:21 am

Oh, I dunno about that. Can you guys think of any other "rom-com" in which the lead actress dies in the arms of the lead actor after takin' one in the back for him?

But Dargo, isn't there a scene like the one you describe in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY?
No, but I THINK there's a scene in Destry Rides Again where Frenchy fakes an orgasm.

And THEN as I recall right afterwards, the camera pans over to Irene Hervey who plays the good guy Janice and she says, "I'll have what she's having".

(...but like I said, I'm not 100% sure of this, so don't quote me here)
Ah yes, the scene you're referring to, Dargo, is in the director's cut of DESTRY RIDES AGAIN, which was available for purchase for a limited time a few years ago on a special Blu-Ray release.
The version of the movie that airs on TCM doesn't include the scene where Frenchy fakes it.