Five Things I Love About Martha Ivers

GaryCooper

Five Things I Love About Martha Ivers

Post by GaryCooper »

Movies are written in sand: applauded today, forgotten tomorrow.
D. W. Griffith
jamesjazzguitar

Re: Five Things I Love About Martha Ivers

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Big fan of Martha Ivers; Stanwyck and Heflin are top notch actors and while Douglas was just getting started, he does well. Liz Scott comes off as a newcomer but she is able to hold her own (since the others were able to help carry the important scenes Liz was in).
ElCid

Post by ElCid »

This is another movie that I like. I think Lizabeth Scott was much better than people credit her. This was the first movie where I recognized Van Heflin for his talent and he really made the movie.
The car is a 1958 De Soto Fireflite Sportsman hardtop.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

ElCid wrote: December 14th, 2022, 2:05 pm This is another movie that I like. I think Lizabeth Scott was much better than people credit her. This was the first movie where I recognized Van Heflin for his talent and he really made the movie.
I agree. MrTiki & I just watched this last weekend (his first/my 2nd) for the sole reason of showing him a good Van Heflin role. I think all the performances are great from Judith Anderson to sniveling Kirk Douglas.
Knew MrTiki would love Lizabeth Scott for her smokey voice & he did. I like her performance, you're always guessing about her sincerity.