Top Ten Lon Chaney Jr Films

LiamCasey

Re: Top Ten Lon Chaney Jr Films

Post by LiamCasey »

LawrenceA wrote: December 17th, 2022, 8:38 pm I love this discussion on one of the most infamous film turkeys of all time. I have the DVD, but not the Blu-ray...yet.
Let’s face it. Even if we knew the truth ahead of time, we would still go see the damn thing! I’ll always give a movie with either “Dracula” or “Frankenstein” in the title a shot.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

LawrenceA wrote: December 17th, 2022, 8:38 pm I love this discussion on one of the most infamous film turkeys of all time. I have the DVD, but not the Blu-ray...yet.
LawrenceA,

Ever seen House of the Black Death and Hillbillys in a Haunted House? The very definitions of "putrid"!

For me, LCJ's last horror movie of "quality" (that had decent production values) was Witchcraft. I enjoy Spider Baby, but its look is definitely low budget.

POLL: Do you want a Like button?
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

LawrenceA,

Ever seen House of the Black Death and Hillbillys in a Haunted House? The very definitions of "putrid"!

House Of The Black Death is pretty bad, but not the worst.

Hillbillys In A Haunted House is definitely in the putrid category. Chaney, John Carradine and Basil Rathbone have no good scenes or lines. The so called comedy not funny and the music forgettable. Even with gorgeous blond bombshell Joi Lansing and sexy Asian babe Linda Ho (seen to better advantage in Confessions Of An Opium Eater) there is not much seeing here.