Where are you? Posters MIA

Chit-chat, current events
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

Also glad to have you back Ben. I dig Johnny (he and Schlitze are my favorites), so I'm glad you two are still hanging out together.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

BEN. So good to hear from you! I'm so sorry about the loss of your job. Hang in there.

Sandy K
feaito

Post by feaito »

Glad to have you back Ben. And good luck in everything.
moira finnie
Administrator

The prodigal Ben returns! Break out the champagne!

Post by moira finnie »

It's great to hear from you, Ben.
I'm bummed about your work situation, but will keep you in my thoughts and hope that the future brings something better. Having been through several corporate mergers and business strategies that involved something called the "reallocation of employment priorities", I've learned (as always, the hard way) that things happen for a reason. Sometimes that means something better is waiting to be discovered. I really hope that better something comes your way soon.

In the meantime, I hope that you'll be adding your thoughts to many threads here and that you'll be around next week to check out the discussion planned with Mick LaSalle. I'm sure that you can contribute some great questions.
movieman1957
Administrator

Sugarpuss

Post by movieman1957 »

Has anyone heard anything about "Sugarpuss?" She hasn't posted here or at TCM in some time. That isn't unusual but she hasn't added anything to her blog since March 28.

Kyle (in Hollywood) was trying to get her by email, as he was also concerned, but so far there is no news.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Afternoon,

Someone refresh my memory please. What's going on with Kyle (in Hollywood?) I seem to remember something big coming his way. Has anyone spoken to him? If so, please pass along my best regards. Have a great weekend all. GO FLYERS!!!

As always,

Hollis
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Hollis:

Kyle is alive and well and living at TCM. He posts a daily feature of movie posters and spends his time answering lots of questions and, when needed, calms the occasional dustup.

He is fine. Lynn is in regular contact with him and I enjoy an occasional exchange of pleasantries with him.
Chris

moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Sugarpuss

Post by moira finnie »

movieman1957 wrote:Has anyone heard anything about "Sugarpuss?" She hasn't posted here or at TCM in some time. That isn't unusual but she hasn't added anything to her blog since March 28.

Kyle (in Hollywood) was trying to get her by email, as he was also concerned, but so far there is no news.
I've been checking Sugarpuss' insightful and entertaining blog, The Roadshow Version every Friday in the hope that a new posting will appear there too. I hope that she's just coping with an enjoyable case of Spring Fever, with little time for blogging.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Thanx Chris,

Kyle knew as much about movies and what goes into making them as anyone I recall ever being a part of this forum. Does he prefer the TCM boards to SSO? It sounds as though what he's doing over there would be just as welcome here as over there. Do you know what went into his decision? He was certainly a respected member of SSO, that's for certain. I hope we didn't do anything to drive him away. If I'm headed somewhere I shoukldn't be going, let me know.

As always,

Holis
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Hollis:

Kyle has never said anything to me nor have I heard anyone here mention there was any problem. (As things go we have had few problems.) Others may be able to address it better but I think as much as he wanted to do he felt better suited to TCM.

He seems, as a senior poster there, to have become a kind of good will ambassador for information and civility and of course, good humor. Personally, a better person could not have been found if TCM searched for one themselves.

Quite a few of us still roam and post, to varying degrees, at TCM. He is one I look for.
Chris

Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

Hollis wrote:Afternoon,

Someone refresh my memory please. What's going on with Kyle (in Hollywood?) I seem to remember something big coming his way. Has anyone spoken to him? If so, please pass along my best regards. Have a great weekend all. GO FLYERS!!!

As always,

Hollis
Hello Hollis and All the rest!
'Tis true that I am living and breathing in TCM City trying to be the Defender of the Realm battling the evil-doer and correcting the constant complainer that tries to take over the place. As they say, "It's a dirty job..." but I was determined not to let the inmates take over the asylum.

I am humbled to know I am missed and thought of fondly here. It was a pleasure to help get "The Oasis" on its feet last year and I do surf by once in awhile but I seem to have less "online time" lately. (And I have had a NetFlix gift subscription for the past six months. Now THAT is life-altering.)

Chris, thanks for the "shout out" on my Poster Gallery and everyone is encouraged to swing by and check it out.
http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.j ... 7&tstart=0

I recently passed the six-month mark on the thread making the total number of images posted around 200. And I have hundreds more to come. (I am hoping to soon post a large group of posters for cartoons and another of VERY early cinema.) You can find me there everyday.

And I promise and try to pop in here more often too - after my feelings of abandonment by "patful" have healed.

Carry on!

Kyle In Hollywood
And a "Go Flyers" from me too. (That's hockey, right?)
Kyle In Hollywood
Mr. O'Brady

Post by Mr. O'Brady »

...after my feelings of abandonment by "patful" have healed.
Ouch. :cry: But I'd be willing to bet that things have calmed down a great deal since I left, no? Our old friend knew how to get my goat, and without me there to complain, he's bored. I thought my departure would be for the greater good.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hello Kyle and all.

Yes it is. It's Stanley Cup playoff hockey. Thanks for the good wishes.

I just took a look at Kyle's thread featuring movie posters from around the world dating back to the "Classic Era" and it was well worth the time I spent viewing it. It's more than a little bit interesting. I'd encourage everyone who's even marginally interested in the subject to check it out. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I did. Hope everyone enjoyed their Mother's Day celebrations. Have a good evening all.

As always,

Hollis
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

Mr. O'Brady wrote:
...after my feelings of abandonment by "patful" have healed.
Ouch. :cry: But I'd be willing to bet that things have calmed down a great deal since I left, no? Our old friend knew how to get my goat, and without me there to complain, he's bored. I thought my departure would be for the greater good.
That is "wrong" on so many levels I don't even know where to start. But whatever - and wherever - finds you the happiest, pal. That's all I can ask. I don't have any right to ask for more. Nor would I.

Kyle
Kyle In Hollywood
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Kyle:

Glad you have stopped by. I had always hoped there was room for both places in your busy day.

I hope this will be a regular thing but the good thing is I know where to find you and it's good we can.

Take care
Chris