"You look a lot like ....

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: "You look a lot like ....

Post by Intrepid37 »

I was once told that I looked like Don Johnson by an ex-girlfriend.

After I stopped cutting my hair which eventually required pony tailing to keep it out of my face, I was told by two different people that I resembled Marlon Brando from his Burn! and Last Tango in Paris days.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Hey, you guys see Bea Arthur too? This definitely isn't me for the record before I get any wise cracks. It's some guy I know.
LawrenceA

Post by LawrenceA »

He looks more like 90s era Michael Rappaport mixed with FDR.
Watching until the end.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

LostHorizons wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 10:58 pm Hey, you guys see Bea Arthur too? This definitely isn't me for the record before I get any wise cracks. It's some guy I know.

And then Lawrence said:
He looks more like 90s era Michael Rappaport mixed with FDR.
And, add in a bit of Jeff Daniels, and I'd agree with you here, Lawrence.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

I don't see FDR, Bea Arthur or Jeff Daniels in the guy.

But I do see a bit of...

Young Art Carney. But just a BIT mind you...

I've been told(mostly by one certain sister in law) I look a lot like CHEVY CHASE, but I, my wife and both kids don't see it.

Sepiatone
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I used to be flattered when people told me this, but now... not so much.

In the late 1990s, a colleague of mine told me I reminded her of Kevin Spacey.

In the early 2000s, I was sitting in a pub in London with a friend. He said I looked like Kevin Spacey.

Sometime after that, I was working on a project with two Juilliard students whom I had only just met, two lovely young ladies. One of them was very quiet, and was staring at me. Suddenly she said "Kevin Spacey! I knew you reminded me of someone, it's Kevin Spacey!"

To all these people I said, "I don't see it." Maybe it's the mannerisms, or voice, or something. But three separate people on two continents, including a total stranger, so there must be something to it.

Last edited by Swithin on March 25th, 2023, 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
EP Millstone

Post by EP Millstone »

Swithin wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:20 pm I used to be flattered when people told me this, but now... not so much . . .
I guess you only have to be worried if you hear, "It's Kevin Spacey! . . . GET HIM!!!"
"Start every day off with a smile and get it over with." -- W.C. Fields
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

EP Millstone wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:29 pm
Swithin wrote: March 24th, 2023, 9:20 pm I used to be flattered when people told me this, but now... not so much . . .
I guess you only have to be worried if you hear, "It's Kevin Spacey! . . . GET HIM!!!"
LOL

What a shame about Kevin. So much talent and now forever quieted.

(...especially at impressions of other actors, and which were always entertaining when he guested on talk shows)
norfious

Post by norfious »

Hopefully this is the right thread for this. I was watching Sorcerer (1977) and I thought that the actor in the front passenger seat in this scene looks a lot like Eddie Muller.

_Broadway_ from the TCM forums.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Someone just posted this picture of Sophia:

And it reminded me of this picture of myself at 16:

Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

People always said I resembled Ali McGraw, one of the worst actresses ever, lol. Even looks-wise I never thought she was especially attractive although everyone told me I should be flattered.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 4:11 pm People always said I resembled Ali McGraw, one of the worst actresses ever, lol. Even looks-wise I never thought she was especially attractive although everyone told me I should be flattered.
You should be. Most of the time what people "see" is similar symmetry and one distinctive similar feature, like lips or chin.
So if you resemble McGraw you have an evenly proportioned face, prominent cheeks, short nose & big eyes....all of which she/you retained with age:

(I have Sophia's high cheeks, mouth & cleft chin but missed out on the leonine eyes-but could attempt the illusion with eye liner)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

While tonight watching THE greatest movie ever made again for the umpteenth time, 'The Best Years of Our Lives', (okay okay...at least I've always thought so anyway) it suddenly dawned on me that the young actor Michael Hall who played Fredric March and Myrna Loy's son Rob (and who goes missing halfway through this film) looked a lot like a young Ryan O'Neal...

(...anyone else seein' that here?)
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Dargo wrote: February 7th, 2024, 10:42 pm While tonight watching THE greatest movie ever made again for the umpteenth time, 'The Best Years of Our Lives', (okay okay...at least I've always thought so anyway) it suddenly dawned on me that the young actor Michael Hall who played Fredric March and Myrna Loy's son Rob (and who goes missing halfway through this film) looked a lot like a young Ryan O'Neal...

(...anyone else seein' that here?)
A bit. And after seeing this at least a dozen times, I finally learned why he disappears midway through the film. His contract expired!
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

TikiSoo wrote: January 17th, 2024, 6:07 am
Bronxgirl48 wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 4:11 pm People always said I resembled Ali McGraw, one of the worst actresses ever, lol. Even looks-wise I never thought she was especially attractive although everyone told me I should be flattered.
You should be. Most of the time what people "see" is similar symmetry and one distinctive similar feature, like lips or chin.
So if you resemble McGraw you have an evenly proportioned face, prominent cheeks, short nose & big eyes....all of which she/you retained with age:

(I have Sophia's high cheeks, mouth & cleft chin but missed out on the leonine eyes-but could attempt the illusion with eye liner)

Aw TikiSoo that is so nice of you, thanks, but Sophia Loren -- now there's a real beauty!