More Board Guidelines At TCM

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Kyle In Hollywood

More Board Guidelines At TCM

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

In effort to restore sanity at the mothership, TCM WebAdmin has laid down the law on negative posts. Read the short, concise message here -

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/ann.jspa?annID=17

It doesn't get much plainer than that.

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

That is concise. Good.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

You're quick Kyle, I just saw that and copied it to show it around here, but you beat me to it. They're getting tough!

Anne
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I think this will stop any wars on the board from now on.

It's hard to believe that the board was degraded so much over the years that it came to this. But those who set out to cause hell on the board are probably joyous and are now scouting their next venues of destruction.

We've got the board back and we need to feed it with our posts.
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

They had at least three different spammers on there as well yesterday.:?

Looks like all those posts were removed.
mrsl

Need reply from moira, jon, and filmlover

Post by mrsl »

Filmlover, it sounds like you prefer to go back to the TCM boards. Moira, and jon, is that the plan? Or will this board continue? I don't especially want to double post, but some of our topics here are the same as there, so to answer and have my response read, it is necessary to post in both places. Is this strictly a temporary board, or what?

I know I will miss my Avatar if I go back there as well as the freedom of speech. I say that because earlier I teased Mr. Rubini, which he knew, I'm sure, was teasing, but an outsider may have perceived it as being rude and obnoxious.

I'm really confused, someone please fill me in on the particulars. :oops:

I, for one, am very happy with this board just as it stands now. I can always go back to check out schedules and their trivia games, but after that 'code of ethics' clearly stated that orders from TCM cannot be protected from hi-jackers, I won't order from them again online, instead, I'll do it by phone or in writing.

Anne
feaito

Post by feaito »

I LOVE these Boards. I feel that TCM Boards no matter what, will never be what they were back in 2003-2004.

I like participating here and I feel that Jon, Moira, Lynn et al have done a wonderful job. So I'll stick to these Boards, notwithstanding occasional posting at the TCM Boards.

In fact I've come to appreciate you guys just as much as I appreciate the great, generous and knowldegeable team at the GoldenSilent Boards (and that includes you Kyle), another excellent Message Boards I participate in.

If only people would spend more time chatting respectfully and exchanging views & experiences, instead of fighting!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

RE:Born FREE

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I enjoy the freedom of expression here so much more. I still visit TCM,
but there is such a sense of camaraderie and creativity that I enjoy it so much more here.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Kyle In Hollywood

Mr. Arkadin wrote:They had at least three different spammers on there as well yesterday.:?

Looks like all those posts were removed.
Don't know if I was the only one to contact TCMWebAdmin about the 'spam', but I did send emails alerting them to the posts and then noticed that those posts (including the evangelical screed) were gone within an hour of the Admin Staff arriving to the office this morning.

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

I have to agree with Anne, feaito and Christy: I really, really like this board. I didn't post often at the mothership, but I did enjoy reading what others had to say. And even though the sanity is somewhat restored over there, it's just not the same. It feels tarnished (for lack of a better word), plus the disscussions as of late haven't been as interesting. Here, it just seems so much more relaxed, it's friendlier and all of my favorite posters seem to be here as well. I'd hate to see this board shut down or left in the dust just because the mothership is back in action.

And forgive me for sounding stupid, but everyone's avatars are helping me in placing a "face" to the "name". I really love having one!
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
Kyle In Hollywood

SHolmes wrote:Perhaps I misunderstood it but looks to me like TCM got it all backwards....anyone commenting about a troll would get one warning and then be banned.

What the hell about the damn trolls? Are there no banning of them?

Or did I misunderstand what it said?
No. I don't think you misunderstood what was said about calling out someone as a troll. It is an actionable offense in the New TCMCity.

But, being a troll, in of itself, is also an actionable offense in the New TCM City. I believe TCM is going to take steps to address the anti-social / disruptive behavior of some people so that members won't feel the need to "call out" the offensive posters on the Boards. TCM wants the Message Boards to be hostility-free.

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I also like this board much better than the TCM board (although I still visit there). It's very friendly and I feel talk is much more bent towards film than other subjects.
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

I'll never stop reading and posting at TCM. BUT, I like having this place, too, because I feel that I know everyone. I'm ok with checking 2 boards.

Sandy K