MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Dargo

Re: MUSINGS, PONDERINGS, RUMINATIONS AND FANCIES

Post by Dargo »

CinemaInternational wrote: June 16th, 2023, 10:18 am
Dargo wrote: June 16th, 2023, 1:08 am Here's a musing for you folks! Just saw it on the news.

Al Pacino has just shattered the record formerly held by Anthony Quinn for 27 years.

That being the oldest big name actor to father a child. Quinn was 81 at the time, and Pacino is 83.

(...well, as they say, you can't keep a good man..ahem..down)
Joining the ranks of Pablo Picasso , I see
From what I could find on the Net here CI, it appears Pablo would be a mere piker in these regards, as he was "only" 68 years old when he fathered his final child Paloma in 1949.
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Ha! My Father in law(and Mexican like Quinn) Fathered his final child at 82. That was four years before his death in 1999 at age 86. And the Mother of the child( a girl) lived just five or six houses up the street. ;)

Sepiatone
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Some talk about Salome Jens on another thread made me think of some other actresses with unusual looks that I found sexy, though most other guys don't.

Grace Jones

Shelley Duvall (but only in Brewster McCloud (1970

Sylvia Miles

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

In that case Jim, I'll now set myself up for some possible ridicule here and publicly admit to thinking the longer I've watched new 'Jeopardy!' host Mayim Bialik, the more I think she's kind'a sexy.

(...and even though during her run on 'The Big Bang Theory', I could never get the idea out of my head that she looks like a young Margaret Hamilton)
Last edited by Dargo on June 17th, 2023, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Margaret Hamilton! Yowzer!! Hubba hubba!!

Chins to die for!
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Sure DARG. I always thought she was kinda cute when she was doing "Blossom".

Sepiatone
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:40 pm Margaret Hamilton! Yowzer!! Hubba hubba!!

Chins to die for!
LOL
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Sepiatone wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:45 pm Sure DARG. I always thought she was kinda cute when she was doing "Blossom".

Sepiatone
Because I never watched that show, my first real exposure to her was while watching her play Jim Parsons' girlfriend on 'TBBT'.

(...but yeah, I suppose she could be considered "cute" from that pic of her younger self you've just posted here, Sepia)
txfilmfan

Post by txfilmfan »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:54 pm
Sepiatone wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:45 pm Sure DARG. I always thought she was kinda cute when she was doing "Blossom".

Sepiatone
Because I never watched that show, my first real exposure to her was while watching her play Jim Parsons' girlfriend on 'TBBT'.

(...but yeah, I suppose she could be considered "cute" from that pic of her younger self you've just posted here, Sepia)
Before her first series, she played the younger version of Bette Midler's character in the film Beaches, the one with "Wind Beneath My Wings", which BTW, was not written for the movie...

This was the first role where she got noticed, and led to a short-lived sitcom on Fox (with Jennifer Aniston), followed by the longer running Blossom on NBC.

Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Dargo wrote: June 17th, 2023, 12:32 pm In that case Jim, I'll now set myself up for some possible ridicule here and publicly admit to thinking the longer I've watched new 'Jeopardy!' host Mayim Bialik, the more I think she's kind'a sexy.

(...and even though during her run on 'The Big Bang Theory', I could never get the idea out of my head that she looks like a young Margaret Hamilton)

I tend to agree on her as well, "nerdy cute" I guess I would call her.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Another $40,000 figure, this time from FLAXY MARTIN. Awful movie, not even a noir as far as I'm concerned so will not go to that thread for any discussions. Waste of good cast.
Bronxgirl48

Post by Bronxgirl48 »

Pondering my favorite supporting performances which oddly happen to be only male:

Alan Young, THE TIME MACHINE
Lloyd Nolan, A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN
Rip Torn, CROSS CREEK
Claude Rains, CASABLANCA

The most romantic movie ever made: KNIGHT WITHOUT ARMOR, 1937, Robert Donat and Marlene Dietrich, Miklos Rozsa score

Sexy men: Patric Knowles, David Manners, John Wayne (when young), Harry Carey SENIOR (the son unfortunately looked like Howdy Doody)

Can someone explain Mel Ferrer? Thanking anyone in advance.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Bronxgirl48 wrote: July 2nd, 2023, 6:38 pm
Can someone explain Mel Ferrer? Thanking anyone in advance.
I must admit over the years I've kind'a wondered about this as well Bronxie, and the answers I've come up with are, first, he was a reasonably handsome (well, at least a hell of lot better looking than JOSE Ferrer was anyway...no relation btw) and athletic guy, and secondly for a New Jersey boy, he always seemed to give off this sort of "sophisticated European gentleman" kind of vibe, and probably because he was fluent in English, Spanish and French (and I'll bet one of the key reasons Audrey Hepburn was attracted enough to him in order to agree to marry him) and thus the reason he made quite a few movies over on that continent during his carrer.

(...and thirdly here, I will say I've always thought he was very good as Stewart Granger's antagonist in 'Scaramouche', and think their sword fight scene in that movie is one of the best ever put on film)
CinemaInternational

Post by CinemaInternational »

Ferrer fit in pretty well on the early seasons of Falcon Crest in the 80s, might be the best he had ever been on screen,