Millstone and Lawrence gone?

Chit-chat, current events
jimimac71

Re: Millstone and Lawrence gone?

Post by jimimac71 »

The very first time I was banned by TCM, it was a 24 hour thing.
It showed under my name and avatar, "Banned."
I do not support the idea of banning someone all the way to ISP level.
TCM did that to me and so did TopBilled.
No device connected to my Internet can view the TB site.
That should be illegal.
I would not return to the TB site, but that isn't my point.
The above post, both of you, is way out of line.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Wow! Well all I can say now is that when I first saw and replied to LH's posting here this morning, I sure didn't expect it to take THIS sort'a turn so quickly?!

(...and so ya know here Lomm, I think laffite's suggestion up there just might be a good one, I'm sorry to say...and basically because you have NO idea how hard it is for me to now resist the impulse to remind Intrepid that BOTH major American political parties are guilty of his accusation but they just go about it in slightly different ways)
Last edited by Dargo on June 23rd, 2023, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

Dargo wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:06 pm Wow! Well all I can say now is that when I first saw and replied to LH's posting here this morning, I sure didn't expect it to take THIS sort'a turn so quickly?!

(...and so ya know here Lomm, I think laffite's suggestion up there just might be a good one, I'm sorry to say)
Yeah, I gotta agree you with you, Darg. I only asked because Millstone referred to “drunk posting” frequently and I figured he might have some alcohol related ailment which is why he was gone.

My question was answered and we don’t need to let this thread slide into nonsense.
jamesjazzguitar

Post by jamesjazzguitar »

Dargo wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:06 pm Wow! Well all I can say now is that when I first saw and replied to LH's posting here this morning, I sure didn't expect it to take THIS sort'a turn so quickly?!

(...and so ya know here Lomm, I think laffite's suggestion up there just might be a good one, I'm sorry to say)
Maybe you need to drink more java. The last few days you have been very slow on the uptake as it relates to not expecting something.

Did you recently take an only-think-positive seminar?
LostHorizons

Post by LostHorizons »

jimimac71 wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:01 pm The very first time I was banned by TCM, it was a 24 hour thing.
That should be illegal.
Correct me if I am mistaken but didn’t you ask Topbilled to delete your account and then you got angry when he did that?
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

jamesjazzguitar wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:15 pm

Maybe you need to drink more java. The last few days you have been very slow on the uptake as it relates to not expecting something.

Did you recently take an only-think-positive seminar?
LOL

;)
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

jimimac71 wrote: June 23rd, 2023, 12:01 pm The very first time I was banned by TCM, it was a 24 hour thing.
That should be illegal.
There is literally no mechanism to do such a banning without also banning the possibility of anyone else using that ISP to join. I wouldn't do that. The ban is simply a ban of the user account. EP could rejoin with a new name, and nothing would prevent that. If he did so and didn't cause problems, it wouldn't matter to me in the slightest.
Lomm
Administrator

Post by Lomm »

A meta thread to discuss other threads and posters who are not here anymore to defend themselves (or incriminate themselves further lol) serves little purpose other than to lead to MORE circular argument. Can we just get back to bickering in threads about movies?