Re: "WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT''....

Post by Intrepid37 »

Cool movie.

I miss Bob Hoskins.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Can't believe it was 35 years ago....

I saw the movie in the theater with a group of friends and was underwhelmed. I think the only scene that made me laugh was the helium gunfight, otherwise it was pretty contrived, dull script & writing.
"I'm not bad I'm just drawn that way" goes only so far.

I hated the animation-it moved far too fast with too much emphasis on "stretchy" and zero attention to weight. In my opinion Bob Hoskins was the only good thing about it-his contribution elevated what I consider an unwatchable movie to mildly entertaining.

Several years later, I worked with a man who introduced himself, "Hi! My name is ____ I wrote Roger Rabbit" and I said, "Eck, If that was my work, I'd never admit it- that was awful" and of course, he was surprised. He then said, "I only wrote it, the film corp ruined it."
OK.
We bumped into each other again a decade or so later and he still introduces himself, "Hi I'm ____ I wrote Roger Rabbit!" Guess he's never written anything notable since.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

I've always liked this film, anyway. Especially all the Hollywood/L.A. inside jokes in it.

(...I dunno...maybe it helped bein' a local boy)
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

I always liked it too. But then I never go to the movies always expecting(or insisting) all movies to be "artistic" cinema. And I enjoyed the satirical(at least I saw it that way) "rhyme time" name of the place where all the cartoon characters lived. "'Toon Town". ;)

Sepiatone