Humorous Memes

Chit-chat, current events
Intrepid37

Re: Memes

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: July 19th, 2023, 9:07 pm Image
That was my family. And it was huge - mom was one of twelve and all her brothers and sisters smoked, as did my dad, my grandparents, and every single person who came around as a friend. Many a night I had to go outside to get outta the fog.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

So, did your mom share any other similarities with the woman puffing away up there?

(...did she ever fixate on a particular type of clothes hanger for instance?)
Last edited by Dargo on July 20th, 2023, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

I love smoking & miss the rituals & accoutrements. It's just not good for you, but gosh it sure made movies look good-

Sorry Masha that I added a gif...howabout this meme?

Masha

Post by Masha »

TikiSoo wrote: July 20th, 2023, 8:27 am I love smoking & miss the rituals & accoutrements. It's just not good for you, but gosh it sure made movies look good-

Sorry Masha that I added a gif...howabout this meme?

I welcome gifs drawn from image hosting sites. It is items which open a link to a social media site which I abhor. Major social media sites scrape data from each hotlink and target sites according to frequency of use. It is also that approx. fifty percent of YouTube links to post-2018 uploads generate a warning on my computer. I must go through two additional steps to confirm that I am willing to take the risk of opening a page which contains links which may compromise personal data.

The "who knows what this is?" item is a valuable teaching moment for curious children. Many people mistakenly identify it as: 'cigarette lighter'. The reason they are that diameter and become so hot is because they are: 'cigar lighter'. A cigarette lighter does not need such a large thermal mass. I was given a cigarette-lighting attachment for an 808 e-cig battery. The coil in it is smaller than typical in a lightbulb and the nichrome wire is much thinner.
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Masha wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:05 am Image
Can you say William F. Buckley?
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Masha wrote: July 20th, 2023, 9:58 am
TikiSoo wrote: July 20th, 2023, 8:27 am

The "who knows what this is?" item is a valuable teaching moment for curious children. Many people mistakenly identify it as: 'cigarette lighter'. The reason they are that diameter and become so hot is because they are: 'cigar lighter'. A cigarette lighter does not need such a large thermal mass. I was given a cigarette-lighting attachment for an 808 e-cig battery. The coil in it is smaller than typical in a lightbulb and the nichrome wire is much thinner.

"Yah, zat is vat I alvays taugh dey ver for too, und vy I make sure my Hummer vas equip wit one so vin I drive it around Calie-fornia!"
Last edited by Dargo on July 20th, 2023, 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Intrepid37 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:20 am
I'll bet it's safe to say that those who wouldn't have a clue what a car cigarette lighter was, also wouldn't have a clue who that guy was either.

(...but being the old fart that I am, I loved how spot-on your comment was here, anyway)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

And NOW Kids, it's time for: "Fun with Maps"!

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Dargo

Post by Dargo »

(...yep, there's nothin' like good ol' "American Exceptionalism", huh)
Masha

Post by Masha »

Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Dargo wrote: July 20th, 2023, 5:20 pm
Intrepid37 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:20 am
I'll bet it's safe to say that those who wouldn't have a clue what a car cigarette lighter was, also wouldn't have a clue who that guy was either.

(...but being the old fart that I am, I loved how spot-on your comment was here, anyway)
Thank you, Dargo. If we were Japanese, maybe us old people would be revered.
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Dargo wrote: July 20th, 2023, 6:08 pm Image
Haha! Reminds me of when TikiKid was going to visit my sister-in-law in Colorado. She mispronounced it "Cada-rado" and I coached her, "Say it like COLOR - ADO"

And you do know I'm a painter and MrTiki is color blind. Color blind people typically can't see red/green, sometimes blue/orange or even more rarely yellow/purple. No color blind person sees all black/white grays like that map.

Knowing how he perceives color, I can mentally subtract those waves and identify what exactly he DOES see. In the past decade or so I have successfully "taught" him how to identify color and he's developed into an excellent painter himself!

And thanks for the clarification about car lighters-I did not know that!