What are you listening to?

Chit-chat, current events
I Love Melvin

Re: What are you listening to?

Post by I Love Melvin »

Allhallowsday wrote: November 24th, 2023, 10:28 pm ROLLING STONES Some Girls

OMG. It's so much fun to see this again. Mick in the pussycat wig looking like a tipsy Diana Ross is my favorite, though Charlie in the Marlo Thomas wig is a close second. And it's a great guessing game of who you can spot, like with the Sgt. Pepper cover. I see Bardot in the Freedom wig, Jayne Mansfield in Imagination, Raquel Welch in the Gypsy and is that Lucille Ball in the Georgie Girl and Marilyn in Miss You? What about Shattered? It looks a little like Nancy Reagan, but that may just be the shape of the wig. Jane Fonda? Anyway, thanks for the blast from the past.
"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.
sagebrush

Post by sagebrush »

Chavela Vargas- La Llorona

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

I Love Melvin wrote: November 25th, 2023, 8:45 am ...
...OMG. It's so much fun to see this again. Mick in the pussycat wig looking like a tipsy Diana Ross is my favorite, though Charlie in the Marlo Thomas wig is a close second. And it's a great guessing game of who you can spot, like with the Sgt. Pepper cover. I see Bardot in the Freedom wig, Jayne Mansfield in Imagination, Raquel Welch in the Gypsy and is that Lucille Ball in the Georgie Girl and Marilyn in Miss You? What about Shattered? It looks a little like Nancy Reagan, but that may just be the shape of the wig. Jane Fonda? Anyway, thanks for the blast from the past.
The band was nearly sued over those observations and the famous faces were thereafter issued blank. It's not NANCY DAVIS ... FARAH...?
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Recommended for Swithin:

THE KINGSTON TRIO The Last Month Of The Year

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Woof! You've Got Mail!
I Love Melvin

Post by I Love Melvin »

Allhallowsday wrote: November 25th, 2023, 1:42 pm
The band was nearly sued over those observations and the famous faces were thereafter issued blank. It's not NANCY DAVIS ... FARAH...?
Not sure. It looks like blonde bangs under the wig and Farrah had that giant swooping thing. I didn't know about the legal troubles; some people have no sense of humor. Anybody in their right mind would kill to be on a Stones cover.

My favorite Stones album and the one I go back to the most is The Rolling Stones, Now!

[
Last edited by I Love Melvin on November 26th, 2023, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life."...Ignatious J. Reilly, A Confederacy of Dunces.
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

JUNE CHRISTY This Time Of Year

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

I Love Melvin wrote: November 26th, 2023, 8:48 am
Allhallowsday wrote: November 25th, 2023, 1:42 pm
Not sure. It looks like blonde bangs under the wig and Farrah had that giant swooping thing. I didn't know about the legal troubles; some people have no sense of humor. Anybody in their right mind would kill to be on a Stones cover...

There were issues also with lyrical content such as on the title track...STONES had a bad boy reputation for a reason. :D
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

JOHN LENNON / YOKO ONO Double Fantasy I skip the oh no.

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

I'm listening to the best recording of one of the greatest songs ever written. (This version is used very effectively in Terence Davies'' great film The Long Day Closes).

jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Woof! You've Got Mail!
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

"Stardust" is indeed wonderful. I have both versions^ ...
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

VLADO PERLEMUTER Plays Ravel (1961 recordings)

Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

VAN HALEN