Celebrity Favorites

Chit-chat, current events
cinemalover

Celebrity Favorites

Post by cinemalover »

A friend happened to direct me to this site:

http://tinyurl.com/yvgojs

That particular path will take you to Jerry Lewis's top ten films, but the site lists many other celebrities, some you'll know and some quite obscure. Just thought it was interesting. What I find most interesting is that Jerry lists Harry and the Hendersons as one of his top ten films. I'm just glad he wasn't voting in our poll for a favorite film.

Jerry Lewis
Actor/director
Top 10 Films

An Affair to Remember
Citizen Kane
The Fountainhead
All About Eve
The Adventures of Robin Hood
On the Waterfront
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Shadow of a Doubt
Harry and the Hendersons
Casablanca
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

His list is quite good but Harry and the Hendersons?! I wish there was an explanation.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Maybe it was Jerry's idea of a joke? Because you're right, the rest of the list is filled with quality choices.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

But guys, all of us have a film or two that we love, and yet are at a loss to explain why....that's what makes "lists" so much fun
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I don't know how anyone could confine theirselves to only ten films, I never could :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

JohnM wrote:It's <b>Casablanca</b> I don't get.
Yes sadly as a Bogart fan I hate saying it's in my top ten most overrated movies ever.
klondike

Post by klondike »

You know, I usually run pretty shallow on my appreciation of Mr. Joe Levitch (although when I was 9, I thought his Nutty Professor was a true cinema milestone), as about 90% of his work has left me cold . .
But . . .
Anyone who'd include my all-time fave The Fountainhead on his/her Top 10, is eternally welcome at any barbecue I'd ever throw!
As for his inclusion of Harry & The Hendersons, I'd have to ask any detractors here: . . when was the last time you watched it? :roll:
Cause although I wouldn't rank it any higher than, say, #87, or so, on any of my lists, I do look back fondly on the 3 or 4 times I caught this wittily-gonzo culture-spoof from the late 80's thru the early 90's; it really is, IMO, one of those rare pieces that seems to improve with repeat viewings, over time. :wink:
Bogie

Post by Bogie »

klondike wrote:You know, I usually run pretty shallow on my appreciation of Mr. Joe Levitch (although when I was 9, I thought his Nutty Professor was a true cinema milestone), as about 90% of his work has left me cold . .
Have you seen THE BELLBOY? That movie is pure comic genius IMO.