TCM - Message Board

Discussion of programming on TCM.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

If TCM has banned those who are using the same name here as over there it is a very ignorant move on their part. :roll:
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

This is the message I received after 10 p.m. when I tried to log in to check my PMs:

SERVER ERROR
This server has encountered an internal error which prevents it from fulfilling your request. The most likely cause is a misconfiguration. Please ask the administrator to look for messages in the server's error log.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I haven't been on most of the day, but I just ran over there and had no trouble getting on or signing in. I have TCM bookmarked so I just click on it and I'm there.

Between the weather and some of the movies that have been on today, I've been mainly in front of the TV instead of here at the computer. It's now roughley midnight and the weather is just now cleared up in the past half hour or so. We've had a few tornadoes touch down but they're now in Indiana.

Since I'm signed in, I'm going to go back and see what happens.

Anne
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

I still can't register into the Forums.

The website recognizes me on Non-Forum pages as it reads "Greetings hlywdkjk" near the top of those pages, but I get a "HTTP Server Error 500" everytime I try to register or post in Forum area.
Kyle In Hollywood
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Kyle In Hollywood wrote:I still can't register into the Forums.

The website recognizes me on Non-Forum pages as it reads "Greetings hlywdkjk" near the top of those pages, but I get a "HTTP Server Error 500" everytime I try to register or post in Forum area.
Same here. :x
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

If TCM has banned those who are using the same name here as over there it is a very ignorant move on their part.>>

I don't think any of us have been banned. TCM City doesn't know about this site and why would the TCMWebAdmin ban us even if they did?

I think they were/are having some major server issues today. Hopefully, they will/have solved the problem by the time most of awake in the morning.

The software program they run the message board is, by most accounts, not a very good one and I suppose it's possible they might have been part of the problem too.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Hollis

Firesign Theatre

Post by Hollis »

My dear Klondike,

"Try some of this, it's called fire water." Westward ho!"

Oh well, I'm just "Waiting for the electrician or someone like him."

Hope all is well at your end. Stay in touch. Thanks for helping out with the board. Can you imagine what the moderator(s) over at TCM must be going through in the "Post Apocalyptic" era? I don't envy them their job(s.) A regular three ring circus the last time I was there. I doubt that I'll go back. Most of the people with something worthwhile to say seem to have gravitated to the new forum anyway. Enjoy the spring weather!

Warmest regards,

Hollis
Moraldo Rubini

Killed the Cat, they say...

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

So I'm curious if any of you can get in ther today. I never had a problem yesterday nor today. I didn't try to post anything, but I was able to get on the board, go into various forums, read posts, and I deleted some PMs... I wonder why it was no problem for me?
moira finnie
Administrator

A Quick Note to TCM

Post by moira finnie »

Dear TCM,
I just thought that I'd drop you a note to let you know that I haven't encountered any problems logging in on your site yesterday or today. Since I'm clearly a troublemaker, you'd think that I'd be banned, if that was what was occurring, (which I seriously doubt). You stalwart lads at TCM have had so many periodic technical meltdowns since I started visiting over there back in the pioneer days of '01, I'm still hopeful that this latest plague of locusts will pass as well, you'll get the squirrel back up on his treadmill, and all will be well--someday soon.
Your friend,
Pollyanna
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I tried all day yesterday, and on 2 computers, and while I could pull up the site I couldn't sign in until this morning. It's frustrating because you can't post about it in the Technical Issues without being to get on in the first place. I wonder what was going on?
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

How's everyone doing on TCM today? (Friday - noon). I was just on with no problemo - I even posted one short note on Hot Topics, I think it was. I don't know if it will help, but if you do get on - why not try putting it in your bookmark, or favorite options? I don't believe anyone of us has been banned, just some quirk in their software. BTW, Our friend is there as Cinemagic.

Anne
benwhowell

Post by benwhowell »

I didn't have any problems yesterday....And I was a little disappointed to "discover" Cinemagic and that "fight" thread. They should have locked that right away...
filmlover

Post by filmlover »

I was able to get in only for one time today at the TCM board and am now going through the same problems as yesterday.

Re: the "fight" thread, I reported it as soon as it appeared to the TCMWebAdmin but they haven't done anything about it yet.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

I've been able to log on and check out TCM City today. Pretty quiet.

As for the fight thread, no one took the bait so it looks like it may go quietly into the night.

If someone does get ornery in that thread, I would think the TCMWeb will act accordingly.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese