could Clooney/Grant give Curtis/Moore a second crack at U.S

stuart.uk

could Clooney/Grant give Curtis/Moore a second crack at U.S

Post by stuart.uk »

with the upcoming movie version of The Persuaders with George Clooney as Danny Wilde, Hugh Grant as Lord Brett Sinclair and Sir Michael Caine as Judge Fulton, i wonder if the film was a big success weather the 1971 series with Tony Curtis, Roger Moore and Laurence Naythsmith might get shown in America again after it flopped so badly 38-yrs before.

up against Mission Impossible the series was cancelled before it finshed its 24 episode run. however, not long after the first episode was shown in the U.K and was an big hit. The persuaders then went on to become a massive hit world wide, but its failure to appeal to an American audience meant cancelled the show even in Britain. however, it worked out fine for Roger Moore. he thought the show would last for 5-yrs, but its American failure led to his playing James Bond in Live And Let Die and several other films. one of the makers of the series said he thought the show was ahead of its time and America wasn't ready for it. however, it's success in the UK and other parts of the world saw that sales of the series on VHS and DVD would continue to this very day.

i hope Hugh Grant proves me wrong in the film. he's a great actor and for the most part ideal for the role of Brett. however, i'm not sure of him yet as an action hero. the only fight scenes i've seen of him are the girlie ones he did with Colin Firth in the Bridget Jones films, so it'll be interesting to see if he could match the convincing action scenes of Roger Moore.
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

I can remember watching The Persuaders and really enjoying it. I was a big Tony Curtis fan at the tiime and didn't mind Moore after his stint as the Saint.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.