Aging Avenger Girl awesome in mini

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Aging Avenger Girl awesome in mini

Post by stuart.uk »

I'm at this moment wathching the UK chat show The Paul O'Grady Show, though Scot's presenter Lorraine Kelly is hosting in place of the ill presenter.

her first guest was Avenger Girl Linda Thorson, recently axed from the village soap Emerdale, even though her character Rosemarry Sinclair was popular, came on grey haired (probably that colour because of the play she's currently in) and in the a really short mini-skirt. even Lorriane was impressed, the near 60-yr-old looked breathtaking (i wish i could show you a picture). both Linda and Joanna Lumley still looked good enough to reprise their Avenger roles Tara King and Purdy.

later on in the week on Paul O'Grady's Show will be another Avenger Girl the now blonde Diana Rigg, though i don't think she'll look as dynamic as Linda did. next week over from America is Angela Lansbury. Paul will be desperate to be back by then, he's a great Gypsy fan and Angie was one of the great Mama Rose's
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

stuart.uk,

:D As THE AVENGERS/NEW AVENGERS is my all time favorite show, I really enjoyed reading this post! I remember several years ago, when Joanna Lumley came to New York for a Special taping of ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS, and in the documentary type visit footage they showed, She looked amazing! As if she could still be playing Purdey! And she was at least 50 at the time!

:) THE NEW AVENGERS was my introduction to THE AVENGERS back in the late 70's when I was a Kid, and I have never considered it to be a different series. To me it's the same show, and always will be! And I still think Gareth Hunt should have been James Bond at some point! Though I am not a big Bond fan! Mike Gambit was the ultimate in Cool!

8) I would give anything for an AVENGERS/NEW AVENGERS Video game! And even more so a computer Animated film adaption done in the style of AVENGERS ART LAND online! Just incredible! And get Patrick Macnee's voice, and all the voices of every AVENGER even Honor Blackman, and I fear we have lost Patrick Newell, before it is to late!

:( The Linda Thorson episodes get a bad rap from some people I think mainly because the producers never settled on a right look for Miss King. Personally, I think the way she appeared in episodes such as GET-AWAY, and MY WILDEST DREAM would have been perfect? But it was more than just Hair-color and Style, even her voice is very different from the early episodes that were filmed to the later ones. Actually, I think that several of the Tara King episodes are among the very best in the entire series run. And what can you say about "Mother"? He was always Ton's of Fun!

:oops: Course I have loved Diana Rigg for about as long as I can remember, but I wish She had made at least another 26 Episodes, just as I wish that CBS had gotten the 26 more episodes of THE NEW AVENGERS that they wanted Sadly it never happened.

:wink: I actually have some pretty impressive likenesses of Emma Peel, Miss King, and Purdey that I designed, in my Ladies Wrestling Video game! Boy, you should see the moves that I gave those gals too! :lol: Plus you should see them all in a Six Girl Tag-Match! :oops:
Last edited by Gagman 66 on April 24th, 2008, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Sadly both Patrick Newell and Gareth Hunt are no longer with us

i wish in the 80s someone could have brought all the Avenger girls together for a movie. Honor Blackman was still in great shape back then, even though she was in her 60s (she's still beautiful today in her 80s) and Diana was only in her 50s. (she looks okay now, but she's begining to age)

I even thought an animated version might work today with the girls doing the voices, though as i said earlier Linda and Joanna could still play it for real. I Felt Linda was out of her depth in her earlier episodes, but grew into the role and in the end became very good

one theme i thought of in a movie sequel, was as Tara was the most romantically involved with Steed, she could have his grown up son and he could join in with the adventure. Emma, according the the producers as they saw it possibly had an affair with Steed, before they teamed up as a crime-fighting unit and Honor's Cathy's relationship with him was more on a buisness footing