Total votes: 8

ken123

Letterman or Leno ?

Post by ken123 »

David Letterman wins hands down. IMHO :lol:
SSO Admins
Administrator

Post by SSO Admins »

Where's the options for Conan O'Brien and Jon Stewart?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

What about Craig Ferguson, whose show is on just after Letterman, who can be quite amusing and, when he actually has authors on his show, asks questions as though he really read the book!

JohnM is so right about Jay Leno. He was very funny back in the days when he'd guest on David Letterman's funny Late Night show on NBC. The two of them brought out the best in each other comedically, but now both men seem lame to me. Maybe the nightly grind of doing comedy is one of those things that can only be done for a time, and doesn't really work for a lifetime career of approximately 5 nights a week?
ken123

Post by ken123 »

jondaris wrote:Where's the options for Conan O'Brien and Jon Stewart?

I pick Jon Stewart over the " mick " Conan. The Irish lad is too deep for me. :lol:
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

Well, of the two choices, I'll pick Letterman.

But really, the only night time talk show hosts I watch these days are Jon Stewart and Steve Colbert.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Hey there y'all.

Conan O'Brien is on late at night for one very good reason. There are few viewers to complain about just how tiresome the show is. It's the perfect sleep aid. I guess they had to fill the time with something.

As always,

Hollis
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I think Conan is an acquired taste, Hollis. And I also think he is quite popular with the 18 - 35 year-old male demographic.

I'm not hugely fond of him. I'll take Jon Stewart (my idol), Steve Colbert or David Letterman before Conan any day. But I know alot of folks - particularly guys in the age-group I mentioned, who really like him.

One thing I will say about Conan. His show created my all-time favorite puppet character - Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog.

I LOVE Triumph!!!

I mean, I really, really LOVE Triumph! I even purchased Triumph's DVD.

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!! :lol:
sandykaypax

Post by sandykaypax »

Well, I'm a 41 year old woman, and I LOVE Conan O'Brien and his show. I like his self-deprecating sense of humor and general silliness.

I like the Daily Show with John Stewart. I like Letterman better than Leno, although I do like Leno's Headlines bit. Jay Leno is obnoxious when he has a female guest on--he practically drools in their laps.

Sandy K