The Good News Thread

Chit-chat, current events
vallo

Post by vallo »

I thought this was a good news thread. Well I'll give you mine (submitted for your approval) Back in March I broke my right wrist at work. After Extensive therapy because of Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy:Difficulty starting movement ,Increased muscle tone, stiffness ,Muscle spasm
Tremor and Weakness. Take your pick. I was finally discharged from therapy and cleared by my Doctor. So this weekend (as Moira stated) was beautiful, I decided to ride my bicycle in the woods. While I was riding down hill and went over the handlebars (darn Tree Root) . Not wanting to hurt or re-break my wrist again I did a "tuck & roll" Hitting my upper arm on the ground breaking my Humerus. The humerus is a long bone in the arm or forelimb that runs from the shoulder to the elbow on the same right side. So I'm back to square one, in a sling, sleeping on the couch until the holidays... "Good News indeed" :cry:

Bill
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Well, Dang and Double Dang!!!!
Will you have to have therapy again?
Are you catching up on movies?

DANG!
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Geez Bill. Sorry to hear of your injury and your impending lack of comfort on the sofa. I hope you aren't too restricted.

Stay well.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, heck, Bill! Now you and Alison are both on the sick list after weekend tumbles. Hope that you'll be on the mend rapidly and using your time on the couch to post more here, if we're lucky. Please take care of yourself.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
vallo

Post by vallo »

Thanks guys. I am catching up on films and sleep (oooh pain killers) I can't wait to receive my DVD order now that I have spare time on my hands (no pun intended) Some Noirs, Gangster Collection and The Little Rascals. As a kid I read alot of Strange Tales, Tales of Voodoo, Weird etc..
I always remembered one title that is kind of a personal motto:
"Fate Laughs at Clowns"
I'm starting to feel like Evel Knievel with all these broken bones lately..
Thanks again.

*sigh... Bill
"We're all forgotten sooner or later. But not films. That's all the memorial we should need or hope for."
-Burt Lancaster
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Bill, get well soon.

I think it will still be like a three ring circus here, just with more people. Two kids, two cats, four grandparentsand me. I won't be bored.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
feaito

Post by feaito »

I wish you a swift recovery Bill & I hope you enjoy as much films as you can :D
inglis

Hi Bill

Post by inglis »

Hi Bill !
Long time no talk .I am sorry about your injury and I hope you get better soon ,Cheers Carol. Ps nice to see you are still around :)
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

Good morning Bill,

Haven't had the opportunity to speak with you for quite a spell. Sorry it had to be an injury to you that reconnected us. I sure wish it could have been under happier circumstances. You have my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery. Hopefully the worst part of the process will be having to watch hour after hour of TCM! Hey, sometimes it seems that there might be worse things than injuring oneself! All kidding aside, get well soon.

As always,

Hollis
klondike

Post by klondike »

Hey gang, how's THIS for some good news?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

My son-in-law Douglas (Cait's widower) just called from the Windham County Superior Court with the news that his formal adoption of his stepdaughter, my Shea, is now complete & final & carved in the sacred bedrock of the sovereign State of Vermont!
Since her mom married Doug back in '01, he's been her Dad in all but name, but today, the first day of our new President Elect, on what would have been my late Mom's 93rd birthday, that's all been changed, and what a massive relief.
Now, her sanctity as a minor is entirely protected, by Law, from any lurking incursion by the immoral, peckerwood trailer-trash that, sadly, comprise the other side of my granddaughter's biological family tree, which had been a really creepy worry since Cait's passing in July.
Vermont gets its share of things wrong-way-to, but thank the Gods it is a foursquare champion for childrens' rights!
Whewww! Gonna be some high toasts down at P.K.'s tonight!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Klondike:

Sometimes when God's working in his mysterious ways, it seems to go so slow, and us mortals feel awful lost and lonely, but finally after about 99% of the time things end up right as rain (however rain can be right unless you live in a desert). Anyways I'm happy for your family and everyone else involved.

:P :lol: :P :lol: :P CONGRATULATIONS :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Klon, I'm sure you will rest easier, now that your little one's little one is safe.

This kind of news is so good to hear. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
feaito

Post by feaito »

Klondike,

Those are excellent news. I'm happy for you and your family. Congratulations!! :D

Sincerely,

Fernando
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Klondike, that must be a big weight off your mind. I'm glad your granddaughter is going to go through life with a Daddy that wants her.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
melwalton

hello

Post by melwalton »

Thanks, Nancy .... mel