Oh dear!

Chit-chat, current events
Marta

Post by Marta »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:
Marta wrote:
Mr. Arkadin wrote:Whatever you do, don't run around on it a lot. Ice it when you are sitting, and keep it elevated. You might also consider accupuncture. You can make things much worse if you try to do too much too soon.

My wife had a similar injury at work, and was forced to continue working although she was in agony. The result was permanent damage. She now cannot do any kind of work where she has to stand on the foot for over an hour and has to wear a brace. The foot still swells after standing or exercise.

Take care of yourself and listen to what your body tells you.

I broke my foot in August, and have only been back at work 4 weeks now, I had to ask my boss if I could wear my trainers cause they are the most comfortable and supportive shoes right now. She said yes and I'm very glad I can wear them. My doctor told me that my foot would swell up but my boss was very good, she didn't nag me to come back early or anything, we discussed what was best and I came back on a short shift. I don't think it was fair of your wife's employer to make her continue to work, it's in their best interest if she gets to heal properly. I hope she's ok.
It was the USPS. There's a reason people go crazy working there.

Ah I used to know someone that worked for them. I'm sorry to hear that she's still suffering. I really do hope she does get better.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I'm glad you wrote that Mr Arkadin, I'll use that as a warning to myself. I'm pleased to say that the swelling has gone down quite a lot overnight and great purple bruises have come up. At the moment I have Cocodamol which I believe are quite strong painkillers, I can hobble a little, for about 5 minutes and then I have to sit. It's a question of keeping the balance right, I need to use it to stop it seizing up but I need to be sensible. I have exercises to manipulate it a little.

Anne, even hobbling I'm quite self sufficient. I fetch my own phones etc. I do know what you mean though. I'm the person who runs around after everyone not the other way around. It's like being a little girl again my Dad comes in the morning to help get the kids ready and checking on me. My poor husband looks so tired tonight, I think he is realising all the little things I do, like putting gas in the car.

Thank you everyone for your best wishes, it really means a lot to know your all thinking of me :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

ccfan:

I really didn't plan to sound mean with that post, it's just that men are usually such babies when they're sick. Truly, give me 4 kids sick with measles rather than one husband down with the flu.

When I had a blood clot in my leg, Mr L carried me all over the house, made all my meals, even brushed my hair. He was just wonderful, but all those silly things I listed came from things he did and said when he had the flu one horrible week in my life. But he was still the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

Anne, I saw the intended humour in your post, my husband had a very bad ear infection in summer, it was the worst week of my life. He's being very good.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
charliechaplinfan

My parents in law have always thought I was a little 'quirky' and 'off the wall' no more so when they walked in after picking my son up from playgroup to see me led on the floor with my legs in the air, scissors fashion with a bandage wrapped around my foot. I was doing pilate floor exercises to help my back that was jarred in the accident. The look on their face was priceless.
charliechaplinfan

My woes continue. Last week I was given antibiotics to clear up a bad cough, fastforward 9 days later, 4 days after I'd finished taking the tablets and I spent all yesterday in hospital because I have the most ghastly red rash, probably caused by the antibiotics. It's driving me up the wall, it's so itchy and it's burning up so I'm hot and then I go really freezing cold. I can't regulate my body temperature at all. The kids won't come near me because I look bad, which isn't a bad thing because I can't bear to be touched.

Oh dear, gammy leg and skin that looks like I've been far too long on a sun bed. What else can I ask from Santa Claus for Christmas? :wink:
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Oh, Alison you poor dear! I have had allergic reactions to certain drugs, and can sympathize completely! The last time it happened was at work, and by the time I got to an urgent care center, I could barely breathe. That was quickly resolved with an injection, but the rash.....awful!!

Here's wishing it will quickly subside for you. Today's medications are so much more effective, and I'm sure your physicians will have you back to normal in no time at all.

best
Nancy
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
feaito

Post by feaito »

I'm sad to hear that Alison. I wish you a very fast recovery. Sincerely. Fernando
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Oh, Alison.

I hope they give you one of those Benadryl drips I got last time I had an injection that produced a heinous rash while hospitalized. That not only helped my entire nervous system calm down enough to give the rash a chance to fade, but sent me off on a floating cloud that was very pleasant. Of course, I don't have little kids needing me every minute either.

Please take care and be kind to yourself. I'll be thinking of you.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

ccfan:

Holy Cripe girl:

I bet you'll be glad to turn the corner and say goodbye to 2008 and greet 2009 simply to hope for a healthier year.

Stock up on that calamine lotion!!!!

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

Your comments have made me feel loads better :wink:

I want to be on a Benadryl drip, no such luck though. :roll:

I can still smile about it. I get the all clear to go back to work and get out into the world again, to end up covered head to toe in a nasty rash. I tell you I can heat the whole house with the heat that's being given out :lol:

What have I really to moan about, some people have skin complaints that they have to live with every day. I have so much respect for them.

I will be glad to turn the corner into 2009 though.
silentscreen

Post by silentscreen »

Alison and I have been exchanging private emails, so she knows she has my full sympathy! I've broken out in itchy rashes before, and they nearly drive you insane!
"Humor is nothing less than a sense of the fitness of things." Carole Lombard
charliechaplinfan

It has faded quite a bit over night. I can't believe how tired and unwell I've felt with it, probably my body fighting the rash.
charliechaplinfan

Just when I thought I'd had my fair share of illness I've managed to come down with tonsillitis and yes that requires another set of antibiotics. Oh dear.
Hollis

Post by Hollis »

hey there,

I said it in my PM and I'll say it again here. Get better soon! You've had more than your share of medical problems this year. It's somebody else's turn!

As always,

Hollis