Members to be TCM Guest Programmers

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Vecchiolarry

Re: Members to be TCM Guest Programmers

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Do we know the exact dates and times of each appearance?
Please update us on any advanced notice(s) as they're known...

Larry
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Last night I saw the Guest Programmers promo spot for the first time! I have to say, you all looked really wonderful! My first thought was if you had your hair & make up done by an professional TCM artists.

The quick shots of us sitting in the red chair dressed in casual clothes were filmed on Sunday evening at the cocktail party so we gals were left to our own devices for make-up and hair. I don't think that any of us thought they would be filming the party though in hindsight we should have known better.

We were told in advance that a stylist would be available to help us with our make-up and hair. That Sunday evening, my producer told us that hair for the women would be pretty much left up to us.

I am hair impaired. For some reason, I can't style my hair to save my soul. On Monday morning after getting Jon squared away and back to the hotel (due to his illness), I returned to the green room in time to see most of Kyle's taping. Afterwards, I found Brittany (my producer) and told her I was hair impaired. It probably helped that I looked it as well.

I was fortunate that the woman standing next to her was (unbeknownst to me at the time) Robert O's stylist. She asked what did I have in mind for my hair. I said I wasn't sure I only knew I wanted it up. I grabbed my hair in pony tail and held it up. She looked at my face and said, yes we have to do something! She took me under her wing and ushered me back to the make-up rooms.

Robert O was in his room chatting with a friend. She grabbed her stuff and we went to another room. There she and another stylist looked at my head of hair and tried to figure out what to do with it. They decided on a french braid. I was dressed rather western style (I am introducing Yellow Ribbon after all) and in the end, the hair style worked out rather well. Kind of looks like the way Joanna Dru wore her hair in the movie.

Once my hair was done, they touched up my make-up and made my eyes stand out a bit. I explained I had to have my glasses on other wise I wouldn't even be able to see Robert O.

By the time they were done, I was transformed. When I walked back into the green room to await being called to the stage, Peter and Kyle told me how good I looked. They are used to seeing me in jeans so I took that as a compliment.

Here's hoping.......
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

There are currently three promos running on TCM that spotlight the upcoming Fan Programmer event.

One is a short 15 second spot that includes Filmlover and Cinemaven.

Then there is one that runs about 30 seconds and includes some of the Fan Programmers talking with Robert O, film clips from the selected movies and quick cuts of a number of FPs sitting in the red chair and smiling (filmed the night before our tapings at the cocktail party on the set).

There is a longer one that runs about a minute that includes the majority, if not all, of the Fan Programmers. It is an extended version of the 30 second promo. Filmlover and Cinemaven appear in all three. Kyle, MissGoddess and CEBandello appear in the 30 second and the 60 second promos and Mongo and I are only in the long version.

Of note, there are some great scenes from Yellow Ribbon including a great one of John Wayne (no, not that scene) and another of Ben Johnson so color me happy with the promos.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I only caught the 15 second promo in the middle of the Chuck Jones evening. You have given me hope to catch the others. Are you in them? (Though I have seen your lovely picture from the press package.)
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Larry,

Here are the scheduled times for the Fan Programmers who are SSO members (all times EST:

April 13th - 12am ET - "Those Lips, Those Eyes" (filmlover)
April 14th - 8pm ET - "Gone With The Wind" - (MissGoddess)
April 15th - 8pm ET - "Double Indemnity" - (Mongo)
April 15th - 12am ET - "She Wore A Yellow Ribbon" - (lzcutter)
April 16th - 12:15am ET - "Meet John Doe" - (Kyle)

The event begins on Monday, April 13th and goes all week. Each evening a different fan programmer will introduce a movie with Robert O.

Besides our selections, other films picked include 7 Brides for 7 Brothers, Swing Time, So Long at the Fair, The Man Who Knew Too Much, Singing in the Rain, The Maltese Falcon, Grand Illusion,
Angels with Dirty Faces and Silk Stockings
Lynn in Lake Balboa

Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I am so happy and proud for our SSO folks! I can't wait. This is a fantastic moment for our posters and moderators!
Congratulations and Felicitaciones! :D :) :lol:
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for those dates & times.
I'll be able to catch all of you except Kyle, as I'll be on a plane to London on the 16th.
I hope someone will post pictures of all of you, in interview!!

Wasn't Judith or Moira asked to partake??
I certainly hope that that Cinesage dolt wasn't involved - "Mr. Thinks He Knows It All, but Knows Very Little".... He'd waste time 'spellchecking the telepromter'...

Larry
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Vecchiolarry wrote: I certainly hope that that (edit) dolt wasn't involved - "Mr. Thinks He Knows It All, but Knows Very Little"....
Naw, since you can't "cut & paste" on TV, he'd be sitting there with his mouth agape. :o

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
Ollie

Post by Ollie »

Darn, I knew I shouldn't read these details like LZ gave us about her make-up job. Now this makes me SO reluctant to jealously heave rotting fruit and veggies at her on TV. Darn. I've got big sheets of plastic JUST for this occasion, and the now-realization that I could - in abstentia - ruin her hair or make-up. Darn... I wish I hadn't read all these now...
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Just a note to say the excitement is mounting - so this list can move up so I don't lose track of it!
I'm so thrilled for all of you and your choices are wonderful.
B
feaito

Post by feaito »

I wish I could see all your movie introductions friends! It'd be fantastic! :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hi 'Nando!
I think the TCM website has the promos.....

http://www.tcm.com/2009/15thAnniversary/index.jsp
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Nancy. :D
Moraldo Rubini

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Knitty! Thanks for sharing that. What a great group shot! Everyone looks fantastic. It could be the February cover of Vanity Fair (the one that features the fold-out photo of Hollywood's best).

Looking forward to your week.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Some of our own beloved members who were chosen as Fan Programmers, Filmlover (Peter), Lzcutter (Lynn), Miss Goddess (April), Kyle in Hollywood (Kyle), Cinemaven (Theresa) and Mongo (Joe) were kind enough to participate in a group interview this week. You can see it here on the TCM Blog, the Movie Morlocks site.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks