Edward Woodward, his pre Equalizer role

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
stuart.uk

Edward Woodward, his pre Equalizer role

Post by stuart.uk »

The reason Edward Woodard was offered the role of Robert McColl in The Equalizer was Callan. one could say David Callan was McColl as a young man. The series also inspired a successful feature film. Recently Edward appeared in the soap Eastenders, as a dying old man, who confesses to a coloured man that he killed his girlfriend, by throwing a petrol bomb in her apartment in the late 1950s, and wanting his forgiveness. Heres a link to Callan. It may not be an action scene, but hopefully shows the same kind of menace that he did yrs later as McColl

[youtube][/youtube]
MichiganJ

Re: Edward Woodward, his pre Equalizer role

Post by MichiganJ »

I know Woodward best from his role as the police detective in the great movie The Wicker Man. He gives a terrific performance and as the unnerving events come together, well, the less said, the better....
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
klondike

Re: Edward Woodward, his pre Equalizer role

Post by klondike »

MichiganJ wrote:I know Woodward best from his role as the police detective in the great movie The Wicker Man. He gives a terrific performance and as the unnerving events come together, well, the less said, the better....
Couldn't've said it better myself, Mich; I'd say more about the deep & delightful gifts of that extraordinary film, but as you alluded, it's a trip best left fresh & new for those with the courage to discover it for themselves.
One word of caution: stay away from the too-horrid-for-words remake with Nicolas Cage! I wouldn't wish that atrocity on someone I didn't like!