I Married Joan

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
ken123

I Married Joan

Post by ken123 »

Was a 50's sitcom starring Joan Davis with Jim Backus as her husband. Sorta of a poor's woman's version of I LOVE LUCY. Any comments on Joan, or Lucy ? 8)
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

Back in the day, I loved I MARRIED JOAN. To me, Joan Davis was just about as funny as Lucy and Jim Backus, much like Desi, was an equally wonderful foil for Joan and her wacked-out antics. I have no idea how well this show would hold up today, but it sure cracked me up as a kid.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

John, just got around to finally listening to the I MARRIED JOAN theme song. Thanks for that totally bizarre memory blast!!
-Dewey
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

"I Married Joan" is very special to me because my grandmother was a good friend of Joan Davis and helped produce this show.
She helped produce "The Loretta Young Show" and "The Martha Raye Show" too but around 1956 had a falling out with LY and MR, but remained on very good terms with Joan Davis, until Joan died in '61.....

I always thought this show was better than Lucy, but upon seeing some reruns a decade ago, it wasn't that great. Lucy's show isn't that great anymore either. They're bother rather juvenile and pedestrian.

A friend of mine saw a few episodes of "I Love Lucy" on TV about a month ago and said, "She needed to be slapped" and "That Latin idiot can't sing worth s--t!!"......

So much for nostalgia...

Larry