What's with the British postal strike?

Chit-chat, current events
markfp

What's with the British postal strike?

Post by markfp »

I know that some of us, including myself, order DVDs and other things from the UK. Can any our our friends over there give us the latest news. The last I heard was that it had ended, but there was a possibility that it would resume again. I had also read that there was a 50-60 million piece backlog that was stacked up. Got to start ordering some of my wife's Christmas gifts from there. I always liked Royal Mail airmail service. I've found it quick and relatively inexpensive for shipments to the U.S. If it looks like the strike may go on, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and use Fed-Ex. Ouch!
charliechaplinfan

Re: What's with the British postal strike?

Post by charliechaplinfan »

The strike has ended. It was announced on the news tonight. My post has been pretty regular throughout the strike because the post office employed temps to keep the post working.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
markfp

Post by markfp »

Thanks ever so much. I'm glad to hear it's over. Federal law prohibits government employees from striking in the U.S. so it's not something we have to deal with here.
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

They're not government employees here, the post office is privatised. Whether that is a good idea is another question.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin