Jimmy Stewarts Best/ Stongest Western Leading Lady

ken123

Jimmy Stewarts Best/ Stongest Western Leading Lady

Post by ken123 »

Among the choices Maureen O' Hara - The Rare Breed , Vera Miles - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Ruth Roman - The Far Country, Julie Adams- Bend of the River, Shirley Jones - Linda Cristal, Two Rode Together, Shirley - Cheyenne Social Club, Cathy O' Donnel-The Man From Laramie, Shelley Winters - Winchester ' 73, and ( in a way ) Elizabeth Allen - Cheyenne Autumn. I hope that I didnt forget some one ! OMG Raquel - Bandoloro ! . OOPS Marlene - Destry ! :D
JackFavell

Re: Jimmy Stewarts Best/ Stongest Western Leading Lady

Post by JackFavell »

I like Marlene best. If you think about them together, you would say it could never work, but when you see Destry, they have such great chemistry together.
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

Corrine Calvert in The Far Country. Julia Adams The Bend Of The River. Linda Cristal-The Two Rode Together, Janet Leigh-The Naked Spur
klondike

Post by klondike »

I could accept Raquel as Jimmy's sweetheart a hel'va lot easier than I could accept Dean Martin as his brother!!
But for my money, were I playing any of Jimmy's characters, I'd jump quickest at the chance to blanket-up with the delectable Ruth Roman, regardless the trail!
Mind you, I personally consider the simmering Ms. O'Hara even easier on the eye :wink: , but I found her character from The Rare Breed entirely unlikable, and her romance with the stalwart Mr. Stewart completely unbelievable.