Has anyone any of these films?

The place for film-trading!
feaito

Has anyone any of these films?

Post by feaito »

I'm interested in trading, but I have to tell you first that I live in Santiago de Chile, so mail costs will be higher.

I would like to get these films which have aired on TCM on DVD:

"The Red Lily"
"The Red Mill"
"When a Man Loves"
"Skyscraper Souls"
"Rafter Romance"
"The Right to Romance"
"One Man's Journey"
"A Man to Remember"
"Success at Any Price"

Maybe I have some films you might want to see :D
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

I have several of those and would be happy to trade with you.

I don't have RAFTER ROMANCE at the moment, because TCM miscalculated the ending of that film by a fair amount and my DVD recorder cut it off.

However, I believe it is being aired again at the end of the month and hopefully I will catch it then.

I would also have to check the status of WHEN A MAN LOVES to see if it is in my collection.

But I definitely have the rest of them. :)

Do you have a film list? Maybe we could exchange lists and trade.

And I'm not bothered about international mail. I do most of my trading with a friend in Sweden so I'm used to it. ;)
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks for replying to my post pktrekgirl. I'll send a PM to you.
Rusty

My reply regards Rafter Romance.

Post by Rusty »

Hello,

I do have Rafter Romance...missing approximately 15 to 30 seconds. My dvd of Rafter Romance spans two different original recordings. I looked at the dvd and the missing few seconds are not very noticeable. Anyway, I will burn you a dvd for free if you e-mail me your address. Are you Region 1 (NTSC)?

If you want to wait for a complete Rafter Romance...that is okay, too.

Pktrekgirl...the dvd I sent you a while back? It played on your machine? I know a home recorded dvd can be flaky, regarding if a dvd player will play the thing.

Rusty
Rusty

More news.

Post by Rusty »

feaito,

I know I've got the some of the other recordings you have listed...I will have to check the dvds for the other three RKO lost and founds. I'm pretty sure I have Skyscraper Souls on dvd...I will check. I figure, if I'm mailing one dvd...I might as well mail a bunch more disks at the same time.

By the way...my wife just made a spreadsheet list of all our recorded dvds. She said we have over 600 home recorded movies. So, if you can think of any other items...reply with a list.

Rusty
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks so much for your friendly and generous reply Rusty!! :)
Gagman 66

I Have Great Recordings of Several of Them!

Post by Gagman 66 »

featio,

I can help you! I have beautiful recordings, and programs that I designed for THE RED LILY (1924), THE RED MILL (1927), and WHEN A MAN LOVES (1927), as well!

I just revised THE RED LILY program a few weeks ago. THE RED MILL, I finished authoring to DVD-R on Sunday afternoon. It has an huge 18 page musical menu, with motion thumbs, and tinted background stills. In-fact I made up two different background still menu's, because I had so many great capture stills generated! I just could not decide which ones to use, and which to discard!

I have two programs of THE RED LILY, the first one I made up last year, and has a second feature Lewis Milestone's TWO ARABIAN KNIGHTS (1927), with William Boyd, Louis Wolheim, and Mary Astor! Incidentally, this is a great movie! The other has just THE RED LILY, but it has motion thumbs rather than still thumbs.

WHEN A MAN LOVES with John Barrymore, and Delores Costello also has motion thumbs. All of these disc's have the tinted background captures, and musical menus! Hey, Maybe you are looking for Tod Browning's THE SHOW (1927), with John Gilbert Lional Barrymore, and Renee Adoree too? I have a great program made up for this feature also!

If you would be interested in these programs please contact me through the "PM's"? Hope to hear from you shortly!
feaito

Post by feaito »

Thanks Gagman.
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

featio,

Just wanted to mention, I am very careful with all my disc's, to make sure that they are written properly! Rest assured you would not be getting any defective DVD-R's from me! All of these will read, and play-back well!

In addition, I have been trading back and forth with a guy named Ricardo, who lives in Brazil for years. So the fact that you are in Chile is of little concern to me! Hope to talk with you more shortly!
Gagman 66

Post by Gagman 66 »

feaito,

Another matter I failed to mention. I recorded all three of the first week of the RKO Lost and Founds. on TCM! Unfortunately, I think I missed out on the second week though? But I have very fine recordings of RAFTER ROMANCE (1933), and the others aired during week one!
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

By the way, Feaito -

You did get my email with my list, didn't you? I sent it a couple of days ago...
feaito

Post by feaito »

No pktrekgirl, I did not. I was wondering what had happened. Did you receive mine on April 16th?
feaito

Post by feaito »

And gagman, thanks for all the further info :D
Hollis

Forbidden Planet

Post by Hollis »

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to trade for a copy of "Forbidden Planet." But only because it's such a dead on interpretation of William Shakespeare's The Tempest. Maybe we can both "prosper(o)" from the trade. I know, the worst pun I've ever come up with, intentional or not!

Hollis
pktrekgirl
Administrator

Post by pktrekgirl »

feaito wrote:No pktrekgirl, I did not. I was wondering what had happened. Did you receive mine on April 16th?
Hey there!

I'm not at home so I don't know when the last email I received from you was. But I did send you my film list.

Been having intermittent problems with my home email though...so perhaps it went into the black hole of cyberspace.

Lemme see if I have your email address here, and I will send you my film list from work.

Sorry for the confusion.