Has America gone Mad?

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
srowley75

Re: Has America gone Mad?

Post by srowley75 »

ken123 wrote:Presidential security is a very rough job, its a job that I would never dream of trying, it being so stressfull and with so very much responsibility attacted to it. That being said ,how were two non invitees able to crash the Presidents Thanksgiving Party Wednesday evening ? Its frightful. :cry:
And again, it's all motivated by more fame-whoring. As with the balloon family and countless others, here we have another couple of lunatics who were hoping for notoriety via reality TV.

To me, this kind of garbage is a sign that the country has gone mad. We will always have political shouting matches going on in this country - we have since its inception - but these days people will do literally anything simply to get their names in print or on the news, and as time goes on and networks continue to spawn reality series like tribbles (to the delight of every weirdo hungry for his or her fifteen minutes), you can only expect it to get worse.

Somewhere, Paddy Chayefsky has to be grinning.

-Stephen
Ollie

Re: Has America gone Mad?

Post by Ollie »

I keep thinking of the polo-soccer sport played in THE MAN WHO WOULD BE KING, when Sean leans over to Michael Caine and tells him that, inside the sack is the head of someone, being kicked and mallet'd around. I often think how these events could be televised, thereby assuring the Balloon-Boy parents' and the party-crashers a great send-off into that Land of Fame.

The soundtrack would HAVE to include, "Drop Kick Me, Jesus", I suspect.