Birdy wrote:
"Why, Pinky, evidently you've been left in charge of the office before."
Evidently, cinematic law is quite the "pink" profession - from Adam's Rib:
Court stenographer: "Pinky? How's that spelt?"
Amanda Bonner: "Y for him, i-e for me!"
ChiO

Re: Lawyers We Love in Film

Post by ChiO »

My absolutely favorite lawyer was on the little screen, not the big screen: E.G. Marshall as Lawrence Preston in The Defenders. Has that program ever been released on DVD? I hope it still holds up.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
pvitari

Re: Lawyers We Love in Film

Post by pvitari »

Tyrone Power Sr. as the district attorney prosecuting an abortionist who, unbeknowst to Power Sr., has performed abortions on his own wife (Patia Power, Mrs. Tyrone Sr.), in Where Are My Children?

Lionel Barrymore as the alcoholic lawyer in A Free Soul.

Gregory Peck as another lawyer in The Paradine Case. ;)

Matt Damon as a rookie lawyer in The Client (and Danny DeVito as a wannabe lawyer in the same movie). Speaking of movies based on John Grisham books, Matthew McCona-what's his name in the only role I could ever stand him in, as the lawyer in A Time to Kill.

Richard Gere defending Ed Norton in his (Norton's) break-out role in Primal Fear.

And on TV -- Simon Baker as the titular Guardian. :)

Also on TV, the greatest barrister of them all -- Leo McKern as Rumpole of the Bailey.

-- Paula (married to a lawyer -- actually he works as a U.S. government administrative judge so perhaps we can do a thread about judges) :)