Programming Challenge Voting

Discussion of programming on TCM.
Kyle In Hollywood

Programming Challenge Voting

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

Just wanted to post this observation from 'patful' in the TCM Forums about the voting in the most recent edition of the TCM Programming Challenge -

"I think a lot of the people that voted in the past are currently AWOL. Maybe they'll show up to vote?"

Three of the participants in this edition of the Challenge are regulars here so I would hope anyone hanging out here lately could take the time to go peruse the schedules put together by filmlover, sugarpuss, benhowell, 'chipheartsmovies' and 'fedya' (and why isn't 'fedya' a member here?)

Everyone can find links to the schedules here -
http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/message. ... 81#7949381

I have yet to vote myself but I'll get there yet.

And thanks to these Oasis "bedouins" that have already voted -
- 'benhowell'
- 'filmlover'
- 'Dewey1960'
- 'movieman1957'
- 'SueSueApplegate'

Kyle
Kyle In Hollywood
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Kyle,

I'll be voting. We have until 11:59 pm on Thursday to vote don't we?

I'm "reviewing the situation" (as Ron Moody would sing) and trying to choose but it ain't easy.

Wonderful schedules by all the participants!
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

filmlover

Post by filmlover »

In "reviewing the situation" myself, am I wrong or am I the only one to have been in all the Challenges so far (counting the one I moderated)? I'll know I am in trouble when they give me a Lifetime Dubious Achievement Award, lol. We need more fresh blood! If anyone here is interested in what it is like to be the TCM Programmer, check out the next contest when it comes around and enjoy scheduling an imaginary week of movies you would like to see on TCM. Some of the things you program may show up on TCM. It happens after almost every contest because the TCM Programmer looks in on each one.
Kyle In Hollywood

Post by Kyle In Hollywood »

filmlover wrote:In "reviewing the situation" myself, am I wrong or am I the only one to have been in all the Challenges so far (counting the one I moderated)?
Yes you are. What a admirable achievement. And then to do it soo well.

Voting is open until midnight tonight (Thursday)

And a shout out to recent vote-casters -
- 'sandykaypax'
- 'JonParker'
- 'Birdy'
- 'garbomania' aka 'garbomaniac'

Thanks all!

kjk
Kyle In Hollywood
benwhowell

All together now...

Post by benwhowell »

Congratulations, sugarpuss! This calls for a group sing-a-long... :wink:

sugarpuss

Re: All together now...

Post by sugarpuss »

benwhowell wrote:Congratulations, sugarpuss! This calls for a group sing-a-long... :wink:

Thanks! LOL, it's my theme song. Wait, I'm not sure if I really want that as my theme song.

As many have said before me, it's always great when people vote on the schedules. Thank you Kyle for starting up this thread! Speaking as someone who's done four, I've always found them really fun and after awhile, the themes just write themselves. I'll be watching TCM and going, "Oh, this movie would be perfect for a ______ theme". I don't even think I can watch TCM anymore without mentally programming lineups for future challenges.

I also agree with filmlover that it would be great to get some new participants in the next one. I'm heading the next one, and I'd love to see some new names in the lineup, but I'd also like to see the regulars as well. I should be starting the new one up in August. It will go back to the standard week format, but with a few twists.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
The Roadshow Version: A Modern Take on Classic Movies
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

I hope none of the moderators mind me posting this. If so, please erase or delete or whatever. I'm really frustrated right now.

If anyone who is involved in the Programming Challenge or anyone else could do me a favor, please try and post something in the new Challenge voting thread along the lines that I'll try and update it later. I have to get to work in an hour and I've been trying for the past two hours to update the thread. And it just keeps kicking me off. I think I double or triple posted Fedya's schedule. I can't tell you, because I can't even get into the thread I started! I can't even get into my PM box.

I'm really sorry to post this here, but I was trying to get the thread up today because I know a lot of people were looking forward to voting. This is really ridiculous and more proof that TCM really doesn't care about their message boards.
"Some of the best parts of life are frivolous." - Arthur Kennedy in A Summer Place
-----
sugarpuss

Post by sugarpuss »

I hate to be a pestering nag, but if you have the time, go on over to the TCM boards and take a look at the Challenge voting thread (which is finally working!) and place a vote for one of the six, fantastic schedules that were submitted.

The schedules were put together in this round by ChipHeartsMovies, Fedya, Movieman1957 (Chris), Filmlover, Benwhowell and Kyle. I have to honestly say that I think this is the best bunch of schedules that have been put together for a challenge and I'm really proud of what the participants came up with.

I'd like to thank the members of this board who have already voted. Official voting closes on September 14th, midnight PST/3 am EST, so if you're interested, please take the time out to vote. If the board isn't working, you can also PM me with your votes via either board.

Thank you!
-----