Other cancellations

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
mrsl

Other cancellations

Post by mrsl »

I'm sad about a few of the cancelled shows this year. I've followed Flash Forward since the beginning and really like it. It's mysterious, cunning and funny at the proper times. What I can't believe is that they've cancelled Flash Forward, yet are keeping that silly revamp of "V". Sometimes I think they even pulled out the old costumes. I don't watch it, but the few snippets I've seen seem to be downright copies of the original series.

I have to admit I will miss Ghost Whisperer, not that I was a steady viewer, but it was fun to tune in once in a while to see what new ghosts were going to pop up this time. I wonder what we get as replacements: 1. Maybe more people who lose weight, 2. Another stupid race to Heaven knows where, 3. More goofy people who can't sing, 4. Or more stick people coupled with professional dancers who have to drag them around the floor, 5. and there is always the chance of seeing what couple get the most papparazzi coverage during their most private, and hurtful separations and divorce, that would probably make a good competition for actors, polititians and royalty.

When are people going to stop watching those damaging reality shows? Maybe I'm wrong and people like to see personal feelings stomped all over the floor, and crying when your heart is breaking because you really thought you were good at what you were doing. I don't even watch those shows, yet I find myself tearing up at the commercials, I guess that's why I DVR so many movies and courtroom dramas.
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Lzcutter
Administrator

Re: Other cancellations

Post by Lzcutter »

Anne,

I share your distress over FlashForward as I enjoyed much of the show. Unfortunately, I think it suffered from not having a defining vision as the story was too often all over the place. In the first 12 episodes last fall/winter, I could have cared less about the too much time spent on the Benford marriage and the story of Aaron and his daughter in Iraq. I did like the story of the cancer stricken daughter but it went off an angle away towards finding the Japanese rocker chick for awhile.

What I did like about the show was the science and trying to solve the mystery but the show never seemed to find its voice. It was like every few episodes it would but then get sidetracked with stuff that didn't matter.

On the upside, ABC is talking to the show runners about doing a two hour movie to bring us some closure.

As for V, the first four episodes last fall were okay but nothing great. I watched because I adore Elizabeth Mitchell. Coming back from a four month hiatus, the show kicked into high drive and never looked back. Each week, it got better. I wish the show runners of FlashForward had taken this approach.

V ended on a kick butt note and I can't wait for it to come back.

In the meantime, we have Warehouse 13 to look forward to!

I just have to get through the Lost finale on Sunday.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

mrsl

Re: Other cancellations

Post by mrsl »

Lynn:.

I will definitely miss FlashForward tremendously. I am very much in the habit of DVR'ing network shows and watching them the following day, and when FF got too involved with the Bensons and Aaron, I just fast forwarded ( :? , and stayed with the sci-fi stuff. I too, am so happy Lost is over and done with. I remember watching the very first episode, and the first episode of Survivor, and decided if I was going to watch stranded people, I may as well see the real thing, and never saw another episode of Lost again, and although I stuck it out for the first season, I quickly lost interest in Survivor also. However, being a non-fan of Lost, it was irritating to see the announcement every commercial, and across the bottom of the screen constantly reminding about the final episode. So there is my trash for the day, to your treasure. Have you heard anything about Eureka? I keep looking for some mention of it, but haven't seen anything yet. Is it gone to your knowledge?
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************