Do You Know Me?

moira finnie
Administrator

Re: Do You Know Me?

Post by moira finnie »

I love that movie too, Charlie. And yes, it is Lon McCallister. That makes it your turn!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Home In Indiana is special to me because the last race was filmed in my hometown. I spent my youth running around the fairgrounds where it was filmed. On to the game.

I first got my taste of acting in high school. in fact, while still in school, I was asked to do a screen test for a famous director, although I didn't get the part. I appeared in two films in 1944, receiving critical acclaim for the first and the extreme opposite in the second. My career lasted from the early 40's until 1972, my last screen appearance. During that time, I garnered an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress, but didn't win. I appeared with many of the major stars of the period, including Cary Grant and Myrna Loy.

I was married to the same man for nearly 58 years. He had been a bit player for RKO, but became successful in business. I died two months after him - exactly 10 years to the day after the co-star of one of my more memorable movies.

Who am I?
"I'm at my most serious when I'm joking." - Dudley

Don't sweat the petty things - don't pet the sweaty things.
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Need a hint?

I played the daughter of an actor who played a priest in a John Wayne classic, the daughter of an actor who - near the end of his career - became noted for playing an aged Satanist, and I played the daughter of a famous actor who later "went down with the ship" in another well-known role. Two of the roles I played, my father was a single parent, and the other featured an actress who is famous for a recurring role in a well-known series.

Any guesses?

feaito

Post by feaito »

Are you Jeanne Crain?
CharlieT

Post by CharlieT »

Indeed I am, Nando! Your turn again.

feaito

Post by feaito »

Well....let me see.... I was famous during the early thirties, because I had beauty, talent, good taste in clothes and gave good performances in some of the many films I participated in. I had many lovers, married several times and was quite a liberated, free-thinking woman. I had a particular characteristic -in my speech- which was somewhat exaggerated by the press... Who am I?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

This is my first attempt ... I'm thinking about Loretta Young ... because she had many affairs - but I don't remember she had any funny quirks in speech. This is a wild guess ...
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

How about Kay Fwancis?
feaito

Post by feaito »

Good try Kingme, but it's Nancy who nailed it! Congrats, now it's your turn Knitty!!
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

got someone in mind, will have to do a bit of research... :D 8)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Hello! I am your next guest, and will share a bit of information about myself.

I was being groomed for my family's business, when the acting bug first bit me, and I ran away from home at the age of 14. I was promptly hauled back again, but several years later I made good my escape. I was, according to the critics, tall, dark and handsome...the perfect romantic lead. I also did comedy, horror, westerns...you name it, I could do it. The biggest part of fame eluded me, but I was an excellent second lead. I worked with some of the biggest names in show business, and had a lot of fun doing it. Any guesses?
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Horror might gave it away ... thinking about it for time ... Lon Chaney Jr.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

BZZZZZZZ! (that's the "wrong answer" buzzer).

I was in one of the most famous of all adventure movies, I had a hilarious name in another famous comedy......
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

How about Keanu Reeves? ... He did the Matrix ... you might call it an adventure movie ... had a funny name NEO. This is an educated guess here. :?:

Johnny Mnemonic is a funny name in one of his movies that failed in the box office.
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

BZZZZZZZZ!

I wasn't born in this country, but made my way here as a young person, and was in my first American movie when I was 25. I already had made 14 movies in my home country. I played a musician, a book publisher, western "dudes" and a doomed playboy.