HELP - A Place of One's Own

Discussion of programming on TCM.
mrsl

HELP - A Place of One's Own

Post by mrsl »

Sometimes I want to dig up Alexander Graham Bell and rip him to shreds!!!! I watched this movie, and really liked it until 12:10 when my phone rang. My darling daughter had a discussion with her best friend, so of course, she had to call me and give me the details. Thinking it would only be a minute or two, I was friendly and understanding, but no. . . . . . it lasted until the end of the movie!!! WHAT HAPPENED??? How did they figure it out? I hope this is shown again, but with my luck it will be a year from now. I love ghost stories and have always touted The Uninvited as the best I've seen, but this one came in a close second today.

Someone, Please Help!

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

I'm repeating myself but what else is new? If anybody saw this movie today, or watches it tonight, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE P/M me with how things were worked out, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.

Anne
Anne

patful

Post by patful »

That's strange, I walked in during the last ten-fifteen minutes. An old doctor arrived at the house, and the man said he'd been expecting him. The doctor said he had been too scared to come, then went in to see the servant, and told the couple everything would be fine in the morning. The next morning, someone (officer of the law?) told the couple that the doctor had died at 10pm, while they had seen him after 11pm. Servant was fine and cavorting with Dennis Price at the end. I guess the dead doctor took the girl's spirit with him? Kicking myself that I missed the first eighty minutes.
Last edited by patful on July 30th, 2007, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Thanks patful:

I think you must have missed something too because when my phone rang, nobody knew why the girl was posessed. They had finally admitted and accepted that she was possessed, but were trying to find out what had happened that the spirit was still hanging around. Well, maybe I'll get lucky and they will still have it available for showing in September.

Thanks anyway.

Anne
Anne

patful

Post by patful »

More info at Wikipedia, but I can't figure out how to include a long link here.