Margaret Lockwood

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
stuart.uk

Margaret Lockwood

Post by stuart.uk »

Here's a 70s Lockwood interview. I only just found out she was mother in law to movie actor Ernest Clark, from Reach For The Sky and The Dambusters and that he was 4 yrs her senior. I wonder if like Roger Moore there was an attempt to hide her facial mole, which makes her all the more attractive

charliechaplinfan

Re: Margaret Lockwood

Post by charliechaplinfan »

She looks lovely, do you think she had a mole or is it a beauty spot? It's difficult to tell, it's like a beauty spot but in a strange place for one. I really like her in her '40s films but know relatively nothing about her, she stayed in Britain, I don't know if this was because she saw the experience that Ann Todd went through, patriotism, lack of offers but I do like the fact she stayed.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
stuart.uk

Post by stuart.uk »

I've always believed moles and beauty spots were both the same. In Lockwood's case I certainly think of it as a natural beauty spot. In the video lockwood states she left Hollywood because she wanted to be in the UK because of the war

While Phyills Calvert was doing Kate with Jack Hedley and Penelope Keith, Lockwood was starring as a Barrister in the hit tv show Justice. She also played the attractive wicked step-mother to Gemma Craven's Cinderella with Richard Chamberlin

I remember in aan episode of The Persuaders, an actress referring to the familiar Sinclair mole, to Roger Moore's Brett Sinclair
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I downloaded the clip for later. I had thought beauty spots were a fashion accessory of the 50's/60's/70s, like wigs and hairpieces, judging by family photos it certainly looks like these are the fashions.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin