Re: WHAT FILMS HAVE YOU SEEN LATELY?

Post by CineMaven »

Ugh! Bad news. My guy told me he didn't record "YOUNGBLOOD HAWKE." :(
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh no! Maybe now that they've shown it once, it will turn up in the schedule frequently? I hope.
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

What's it worth? Heh, heh, heh....
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Nevermind, it probably will be shown again.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Hey wait...we've got a "heh heh heh" from Oil Can Harry. Is Youngblood in the wings?
Last edited by CineMaven on October 22nd, 2011, 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiO

Post by ChiO »

All it takes is a "pretty please." Two little words that begin with "p".

Speaking of words beginning with "p"...maybe a vote for Powell would speed things along, if ya know what I mean. Don't know 'bout your Big Apple, but dat's how it's done in da City of Big Shoulders.

:wink:
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Oh man...I can't sell out Hitch for James Franciscus. But I can say "pretty please" with sugar on top for my sistuhs. 8)

charliechaplinfan

I took the kids to Mr Popper's Penguins, it's a great movie to watch with kids, the story is pretty standard fare but the penguins had me hooked and as for Jim Carrey, he's always looks like he gives 110% and is doing more than just filling the screen, he believes in the magic of kids movies. And one for the ladies here, why do our magazines and nedia go on and on about Brad Pitt who is just so boring when there is Jim Carrey who for this strange little Brit is far, far more her cup of tea.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Gary J.

Post by Gary J. »

Because Pitt can act and Carrey can only mug...

(Sorry for answering. I'm not a lady...)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

that's your opinion, bro....not everyone's :D
charliechaplinfan

I disagree with the Pitt can act for this lady at least Pitt can occasionally act but usually it's posturing, whereas I don't care if Carrey mugs, it's a very nice mug and he's funny, what more could a lady ask for and if came with 6 penguins and somewhere to keep them I think my husband's secure position might be threatened, only by the penguins though.

Little Joe thought of something else for his Christmas list, we all thouht he meant the DVD of Mr Popper's Penguins but we were wrong, his own penguin please. Don't know what Santa will think of that but our 3 cats won't be too pleased.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I watched THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER again, wondering why I didn't like it the first time. A John Huston film. A stellar cast, if only in BATMAN style cameos. A plot some seem to appreciate. But this movie does little for me. I don't believe George C. Scott as an Englishman. I see Patton faking an accent! The story is not particularly exciting. And we pretty much know who the bad guy is from the start. Where's the mystery?

I almost feel this movie was made simply to showcase famous stars in outrageous disguises. Much like Warren Beatty's DICK TRACY years later. "Oh my gosh! Is that..." This is not a bad film. It has entertaining moments. But my second viewing will probably be my last.

I guess a director who made three or four great movies and half a dozen good ones can be forgiven a pale effort!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

TERESA WRIGHT

She played sweet sincere characters with strong resolve and backbone. No? Fair enough. Who did Hitchcock pick to hold her family together and protect them from a serial killer? Think about her in "THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES." Virginia Mayo might've been the bombshell, but it's Wright who wins the hero's heart and helps him through the horrors of war he's seen. This Academy Award-winning actress has a distinctive voice, and delicately gorgeous looks any young man would be proud to show off as 'his girl.' But he'd also be getting a strong woman...and a gal who was a fine actress. She wouldn't blow you off the screen; you wouldn't see the pyrotechnical strings. She would just quietly bring you closer, with her warmth. She is one of my favorite actresses.

And as much and as long as I've loved classic films, I have always been proud to share her name.

Thanx again today TCM.

6:00AM - "THE LITTLE FOXES"
8:00AM - "CASANOVA BROWN"
9:45AM - "ENCHANTMENT"
11:30AM "CALIFORNIA CONQUEST"
1:00PM - "COUNT THE HOURS"
2:30PM - "ESCAPADE IN JAPAN"
Last edited by CineMaven on October 27th, 2011, 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[b][u]feaito[/u][/b] wrote:Yesterday I revisited "Enchantment" (1948) a magic film with a luminous performance by Teresa Wright as Lark (the orphaned little girl brought up by and Upper Class family). David Niven is Rollo, the brother with whom she falls in love and Jayne Meadows is outstanding as Selina, the jealous, embittered sister who hates Lark. This part of the film is set in the XIXth Century. Farley Granger and Evelyn Keyes play the characters of the contemporary setting of the film (WWII). I liked this film more the first time I saw it, but nevertheless I enjoyed it. - September 18th, 2011
Feaito spoke of this film last month. I hope some of you get to see it during TERESA WRIGHT's TCM Birthday Tribute today.

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Well said, Teresa. I support your sentiments.