I Wake Up Screaming

Rita Hayworth

Re: I Wake Up Screaming

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Thanks Moira, for the warning ... and the You Tube Attachment too. I'm amazed how many full length movies out there on You Tube. It's incredible! :)
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Even VICKI, the remake is pretty good. But the greater technology and higher level of sophistication don't enhance this scruffy little story. It benefits from the B look.
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

I love finding movies on youtube. I found I Wake Up Screaming there last year, disguised under the title Ey Waykup Skreeming.
RedRiver wrote:Even VICKI, the remake is pretty good.

I haven't seen Vicki (1953), but it occurs to me that Elliott Reid might make a poor substitute for Victor Mature (and the poor guy would be terribly outmatched by Richard Boone... scary to think about!)
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos
markfp

Post by markfp »

Mary-Kate wrote:I wouldn't class it as one of my favorites, but I liked it fine. Betty Grable and Victor Mature are likeable leads, but Laird Cregar was almost too creepy for me.

I do wonder as to why they chose that particular title ... it could have applied to the part where Mature wakes up and finds Cregar in his bedroom, only Victor doesn't scream. :shock: (If it had happened to me, they would have heard me four blocks away.)
The film was originally to be called "HOT SPOT" and the studio (aka Zanuck) thought that title was too bland. He wanted something that would make it sound like a thriller and have more box office appeal and chose I WAKE UP SCREAMING which of course had no real connection to the story.
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I'm writing one about a woman with morning sickness. I WAKE UP SQUEAMISH!
Maricatrin

Post by Maricatrin »

markfp wrote:The film was originally to be called "HOT SPOT" and the studio (aka Zanuck) thought that title was too bland.
Interesting - "Hot Spot" is a little generic. But the one they chose makes the movie sound like a horror film.
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaricatrinsMusicVideos