*CANDIDS*

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* PAYNE-DE HAVEN

Post by sterling »

Payne was De Haven's first of four husbands, Gloria choosed a somewhat original wedding gown :)
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* SANDY DENNIS

Post by sterling »

A real pleasure to find Miss Dennis here, I found her so good in Who's affraid about Virginia Woolf, and also Come back to the five and dime, Jimmy Dean, Jimmy, or Three sisters, with an impressive cast, where she co-starred with Geraldine Page, Kim Stanley, Shelley Winters!!!
In private she seems to have had problems, and very sadly died young.A great loss. She would be 77 today.
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* Simone

Post by sterling »

I adored french actress Simone Simon, she was a delicate, pretty and rare face in cinema, she was adorable
in LAC AUX DAMES,1933, and LA BETE HUMAINE, 1938, as Jean Gabin's love.And of course, she was an uncomparable
CAT WOMAN in the two CAT PEOPLE movies in USA, before returning to France , with LA RONDE, and LE PLAISIR, both by Max Ophüls.
She did her last Appearance in LA FEMME EN BLEU, 1973, by Michel Deville.She lived in Paris, and was rarely seen, keeping herself secret,like Marlene DIetrich or Greta Garbo.
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* SIMONE

Post by sterling »

Yes, what a woman!! another Simone in french cinema history, and Signoret made history! Montand was not very nice to her, he cheated on her all the time
and she kept in dignity,but could'nt be strong anough to aware alcool, and it was her end much too soon.She is a hudge actress, and was one the most beautiful in her young years.I saw her yesterday in Police Python 357, she is great in it, opposite her husband, and François Perier.

She was at her best in Room at the top, a well deserved Oscar!(despite Marylin's shadow)
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* who is she?

Post by sterling »

just for fun, for the week end Image
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS* WHO?

Post by sterling »

GLORIA JEAN ??
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS*obituaries

Post by sterling »

MONA FREEMANN, Paramount Bstar in the forties fifties, died May23d
She was once co-star to Jan Sterling and Tony Curtis in Flesh and Fury,1952

1926-2014 RIPImage
sterling

Re: *CANDIDS*obituaries

Post by sterling »

CARLA LAEMMLE 1909-2014, she was certainely the oldest actress, and died in her 105th living year!!!
now LUISE RAINER may be the oldest...104

Carla was the niece of Carl Laemmle,Universal pictures founder.

RIP
sterling

Re: DOMINIQUE SANDA

Post by sterling »

again...Image
Ayres

Regarding the photo of Kim Novak...

Post by Ayres »

WOW
melwalton

remembered

Post by melwalton »

Anyone have any info on

RUTH TERRY. very attractive actress .. very attractive woman.
I saw her in SLIGHTLY HONORABLE c, 1940. Then she disappeared.

ETTA MOTEN sang REMEMBER MY FORGOTTEN MAN and THE CARIOCA in THE GOLDDIGGERS aNd FLYING DOWN TO RIO both 1933. She lived to be 104,

HELEN TWELVETREES slim, blonde ... committed suicide in her 40S OR 50S.

SHIRLEY ROSS ,, singer, sang THANKS FOR THE MEMORY in THE BIG BROADCAST OF 1938. ... MEL
inglis

shots

Post by inglis »

I have just gone through all the photo's just beautiful so nice to see so many .I especially enjoyed the one of John Wayne with Peter Fonda and Henry Fonda . Although John Wayne is happy and smiling I can only imagine how ill he was when that shot was taken .He looks very thin.
Moraldo Rubini

Veda!

Post by Moraldo Rubini »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Ann Blythe does indeed look good and always has!!! I hope you got to see her at the Castro; you would have been in the presence of a very exemplary STAR!!!!!
I definitely saw her, Larry. Here's the thread regarding that great evening: http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.j ... 4&tstart=0