Dust off your six-shooters, choose the Top-Gun Western ever!

Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

I sure stepped in that one! But then I wuz always confusin' my ol' Pappy with my younger brother. That's life in a Trailer Park for ya!
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Westerns

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

Geeze, Miss G! You and that movie star Lee Remick coulda been sisters!
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

I wonder if her dog drinks beer as well. :wink:
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Dewey1960 wrote:But then I wuz always confusin' my ol' Pappy with my younger brother. That's life in a Trailer Park for ya!
LOL!! Oh my, you ain't kiddin'!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Mr. Arkadin wrote:I wonder if her dog drinks beer as well. :wink:
Sure he does! Like a good little Fraulein, I even taught him how to open the lid on his Stein. :P
cinemalover

Post by cinemalover »

Today is the very last day to VOICE YOUR CHOICE in Round Three. Two of the four races are already decided but the other two are still up for grabs.

Let us hear your opinion as we cut the field down to four worthy contenders.
Chris

The only bad movie is no movie at all.
klondike

Post by klondike »

MissGoddess wrote:
Mr. Arkadin wrote:I wonder if her dog drinks beer as well. :wink:
Sure he does! Like a good little Fraulein, I even taught him how to open the lid on his Stein. :P
Beer's fine for a dog, so long as it contains no chocolate or raisins!

klondike

P.S: Come to think of it, I'd avoid the Budweiser brand, too; I've never heard that it's bad for dogs, but it sure abuses the internal organs of humans!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Chocolate or raisins in beer...no good German girl would even think of such a thing!
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Peanuts in Coke are much better, take it from a country girl.

Mr. Arkadin:

Shame on you, don't you remember Lee showing Jimmy Stewart how the little dog drinks bear out of the empty ashtray, then goes to sleep in Anatomy of a Murder?

I can't believe how many people view but don't vote. Would you believe, I was at Walmart yesterday and I picked up Once Upon a Time in the West, for $5.00. It's the two disc, collectors edition with all the documentaries, conversations, bells and whistles, etc. in the clearance bin. Not that I want to watch it, but I have a friend who has never seen it, and I'll lend it to him.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

mrsl wrote:Peanuts in Coke are much better, take it from a country girl.

Mr. Arkadin:

Shame on you, don't you remember Lee showing Jimmy Stewart how the little dog drinks bear out of the empty ashtray, then goes to sleep in Anatomy of a Murder?
Err, yes that's why I made the statement. :wink:

I've got that same copy of Once Upon a Time in the West. It's great buy. You might check it out with your friend, I honestly think you'd like this film. It's absolutely nothing like My Name is Nobody.

I've said it before, I don't really care who wins this thing. I think it's very insightful in getting to know others tastes and finding new favorites. ChiO was so passionate about 40 Guns that I ordered a copy ($6.00 from Nina's Discount Oldies). I'm sure I'm now obligated to turn in a report to him after viewing. 8)
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Mr. Arkadin said:
ChiO was so passionate about 40 Guns that I ordered a copy ($6.00 from Nina's Discount Oldies). I'm sure I'm now obligated to turn in a report to him after viewing.
If you are not SCREAMING with delight within the first five minutes, I'll - I'll - I'll formally renounce it as the worst Barbara Stanwyck-Samuel Fuller collaboration ever.

I have to find a copy of DEVIL'S DOORWAY, nominated by Ann Harding, I believe..
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

ChiO wrote:I have to find a copy of DEVIL'S DOORWAY, nominated by Ann Harding, I believe..

If you do find a copy, let me know where! I love that movie.
Dewey1960

Post by Dewey1960 »

I recorded (VHS) my copy of DEVILS DOORWAY (which made my original list as well) off TCM; it's an MGM title and it turns up there every so often. Another indispensible Mann/Alton collaboration.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

yes, I have a recorded-off-vhs version, too, it's just not the greatest quality. Since Man of the West is coming to dvd in May, that, I believe, only leaves Devil's Doorway among my favorite Mann westerns for release.
klondike

Post by klondike »

mrsl wrote:Peanuts in Coke are much better, take it from a country girl.

Anne
In the Pacific Northwest, there's a strangely popular softdrink (bottled in Texas, I believe) called Big Red; it's sold in clear-glass, pry-open, longneck bottles, is mildly carbonated, electric red in color and flavored like cherry bubblegum - and the favorite way to enjoy it is to drop a small bag of spanish peanuts into it, and then leisurely slurp it down while driving.
Consumed that way, it's widely known as "a trucker's buffet".

And Anne, I thought you were a life-long Chi-Town gal! How is it you know where the bear sits in the buckwheat?
:roll: