I Just Watched...

Discussion of programming on TCM.
scsu1975

Re: I Just Watched...

Post by scsu1975 »

Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:41 am
(also, can we BOLD and italicize words here?)
Yes
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY.

I FEEL LIKE FRANK MORGAN AT THE END OF "THE WIZARD OF OZ"
Last edited by Lorna on November 2nd, 2023, 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

scsu1975 wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:49 am
(also, can we BOLD and italicize words here?)
Yes
Oh, how I have missed you, you magnificent Swedish HUNK OF MAN.
dianedebuda

Post by dianedebuda »

Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:56 amALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY.
On a PC, Reply is the double quote button ["] towards the upper right corner of the message, just left of the avatar. Don't know if it's different for mobile devices.

You'll soon get the hang of it, I'm sure. Welcome!
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

dianedebuda wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:26 am
On a PC, Reply is the double quote button ["] towards the upper right corner of the message, just left of the avatar. Don't know if it's different for mobile devices.

Thank you, Diane. Much appreciated.
I'm still recovering from the minor rage stroke I had trying to re-size my avatar pic to make the ******* thing work.
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:41 am
dianedebuda wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:26 am

I'm still recovering from the minor rage stroke I had trying to re-size my avatar pic to make the ******* thing work.
Also nice seeing you (finally) joining the fold around here, Lorna! :smilie_happy_thumbup:
Masha

Post by Masha »

I watched KURONEKU (1968), aka THE BLACK CAT, an utterly ENTRANCING Japanese horror film which I can only describe as "sort of like what you would get if you DARED KUROSAWA to remake I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE,"
Welcome to the boards!

There is a minor discussion of this movie in the: "What Foreign Films Have You Watched Lately" thread. viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5241
Avatar: Vera Vasilyevna Kholodnaya
jimimac71

Post by jimimac71 »

Welcome Lorna. Avatar is fantastic, and indeed is hard to create to the specs of SSO.
I use good old Microsoft Paint, to resize the image. Always smaller.
One of the best posts ever was you describing the move to Hulu Live TV from cable. (Back on the old TCM forum)
Lots of people understand how to get around this forum, and our fearless leader Lomm is always helpful when needed.
Using a computer is easier for me than my tablet.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

Dargo wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 11:51 am
Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:41 am
dianedebuda wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 10:26 am On a PC, Reply is the double quote button ["] towards the upper right corner of the message, just left of the avatar. Don't know if it's different for mobile devices.

Also nice seeing you (finally) joining the fold around here, Lorna! :smilie_happy_thumbup:
ITS NOT MY FAULT!!! IVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS TO SIGN UP!!!!!
HoldenIsHere

Post by HoldenIsHere »

Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:56 am ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY.

So are you indeed THE Lorna Hanson Forbes from the defunct TCM message boards, whom I usually referred to as LHF???

If so, It is so great to see you here!!!

I am the same SAVED BY THE BELL and GREASE 2-loving HoldenIsHere from the TCM boards.

To use a line from "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from Andre LLoyd Webber's SUNSET BLVD:
"I'm trembling now.
You can't know how I've missed you . . .

Cinemaspeak59

Post by Cinemaspeak59 »

Stand Up and Cheer! (1934) When the president wants to lift the country’s mood, he hires a famous Broadway impresario, played by the always-appealing Warner Baxter, to head the newly created Department of Amusement. But not everyone is amused. Corrupt industrialists, profiting from the Depression, set out to sabotage the endeavor. Neither is the Senate on board, believing entertainment can’t take the place of an empty stomach. Madge Evans and Shirley Temple co-star. Most of the musical numbers work, with several featuring impressive backdrops of New York lit up at night. And the best is saved for last: a rousing, upbeat rendition of the tune “We’re Out of the Red.”
Allhallowsday

Post by Allhallowsday »

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (1940) Today, again. It's one of the best films produced in Hollywood.

Image Image Image
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

HoldenIsHere wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 1:47 pm
Lorna wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 8:56 am ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO REPLY.

So are you indeed THE Lorna Hanson Forbes from the defunct TCM message boards, whom I usually referred to as LHF???

If so, It is so great to see you here!!!

I am the same SAVED BY THE BELL and GREASE 2-loving HoldenIsHere from the TCM boards.

To use a line from "As If We Never Said Goodbye" from Andre LLoyd Webber's SUNSET BLVD:
"I'm trembling now.
You can't know how I've missed you . . .

OH HONEY, SAME.
MY THERAPIST has heard about all of you in detail, as well as that time I killed CAROL LYNLEY.
It was getting to be kind of a "I'D LIKE TO TALK ABOUT....MADELINE ASHTON" moment with us, so he highly suggested i try signing back on here.
(for the record, I TRIED to log on here six months ago and it only just now let me.)
TikiSoo

Post by TikiSoo »

Lorna wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 7:32 am OH HONEY, SAME.
MY THERAPIST has heard about all of you in detail, as well as that time I killed CAROL LYNLEY.
It was getting to be kind of a "I'D LIKE TO TALK ABOUT....MADELINE ASHTON" moment with us, so he highly suggested i try signing back on here.
(for the record, I TRIED to log on here six months ago and it only just now let me.)
Oh there's no question that's our Lorna. An expressive wizard of words! I was so distraught over "losing" Lorna, I was watching for any news about a Pat & Mike remake- sincerely I will be first in line when it makes it to the screen.

Bear with the site yes, it can be "clunky" navigating...but it's no clunkier than FB and everyone seems to figure that mess of a site out. Lomm is at the helm if you have any questions/concerns and many of us are happy to guide each other with unexpected weirdisms.

The real plusses of this site is over the TCM board is comprehension & participation of the popular "trivia" threads, no big influx of troublesome newbie know-it-alls. Most likely due to less traffic, but a less nasty/mean classic film site & discussion, imho.
Lorna

Post by Lorna »

a less nasty/mean classic film site & discussion, imho.
[/quote]

"Oh s***, good manners"- BETTE DAVIS

sERIOUSLY, I will try to be on my best behavior!