What actor/actress comes to mind?

Dargo

Re: What actor/actress comes to mind?

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 12:33 pm
Next: Wrote a cookbook

Next: known as being an avid motorcyclist (...besides Steve McQueen)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Ralph Richardson

Next: Played a Scottish aristocrat (not royalty)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 3:15 pm
Liam Neeson in 1995's 'Rob Roy' (...and a film which btw, I've always liked better than the same year's 'Braveheart')

Next: often cast as the duplicitious, cynical and untrustworthy supporting character in film noirs

(...btw, this next one has brought to mind one of the more fun aspects to this game thread here...this being of then wondering if someone will then name the same particular actor/actress among the many who would or might qualify for it as the actor/actress one might have had in mind when they posted their "next"...and so while I don't mean the following as any sort of undue "influencer" here, I was specifically thinking of actor Paul Stewart when I typed this "next"...and so in that case, I guess no one can now say HIM here, huh!) ;) LOL
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: April 28th, 2023, 4:27 pm
Swithin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 3:15 pm
Liam Neeson in 1995's 'Rob Roy' (...and a film which btw, I've always liked better than the same year's 'Braveheart')

Next: often cast as the duplicitious, cynical and untrustworthy supporting character in film noirs

(...btw, this next one has brought to mind one of the more fun aspects to this game thread here...this being of then wondering if someone will then name the same particular actor/actress among the many who would or might qualify for it as the actor/actress one might have had in mind when they posted their "next"...and so while I don't mean the following as any sort of undue "influencer" here, I was specifically thinking of actor Paul Stewart when I typed this "next"...and so in that case, I guess no one can now say HIM here, huh!) ;) LOL
(To answer the point that was "brought to your mind," when I post my next, I don't necessarily have someone in mind for the clue I post. That's not my business. It's the business of whomever is going to respond to my "next," to come with an "actor/actress who comes to mind.")

Elisha Cook, Jr.

Next: Hospital orderly
Last edited by Swithin on April 28th, 2023, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Jerry Lewis as the Disorderly Ordetly

Next : she played a successful business woman in a movie
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 10:26 pm
(To answer the point that was "brought to your mind," when I post my next, I don't necessarily have someone in mind for the clue I post. That's not my business. It's the business of whomever is going to respond to my "next," to come with an "actor/actress who comes to mind.")
Of course it's not anyone's "business" as to what another replies with, but don't you still think it kind'a cool when someone replies to ANYONE'S "next" and when it turns out to be what you would have offered up as a reply in this and also in the "First movie to come to mind" game thread? It's kind of a "simpatico moment" kind'a thing when this sort of thing happens, wouldn't ya admit? THIS was all I was really sayin' earlier, you darn superfluous-u spellin' New Yorker/Anglophile, you! ;)

And now for Kay's next of: she played a successful business woman in a movie:

Barbara Stanwyck (and Swithin's favorite actress LOL) in 'There's Always Tomorrow'

Next: always shootin' from the hip (either literally with a gun or figuratively with their words)
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: April 29th, 2023, 12:47 am
Swithin wrote: April 28th, 2023, 10:26 pm
Of course it's not anyone's "business" as to what another replies with, but don't you still think it kind'a cool when someone replies to ANYONE'S "next" and when it turns out to be what you would have offered up as a reply in this and also in the "First movie to come to mind" game thread? It's kind of a "simpatico moment" kind'a thing when this sort of thing happens, wouldn't ya admit? THIS was all I was really sayin' earlier, you darn superfluous-u spellin' New Yorker/Anglophile, you! ;)

And now for Kay's next of: she played a successful business woman in a movie:

Barbara Stanwyck (and Swithin's favorite actress LOL) in 'There's Always Tomorrow'

Next: always shootin' from the hip (either literally with a gun or figuratively with their words)
Well, actually, I don't think it's "kind of cool," but that's just me. These two games were among the simplest in the "lexicon" of our games; not warranting exposition or persiflage. Just a quick answer. There are other games that are more complex. Although I know some posters prefer it, I don't even like the new practice of responding in a quote, since the nature of this board makes the post look too cumbersome, because of the nature of posting here.

And if I did have something in mind, I wouldn't want anyone to respond with it, because I tend to like unpredictable responses!

And now to your answer, in my next post:
Last edited by Swithin on April 29th, 2023, 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Susan Sarandon

Next: An actress who played invisible
Detective Jim McLeod

Post by Detective Jim McLeod »

Jessica Alba

Next- shrill
Sepiatone

Post by Sepiatone »

Detective Jim McLeod wrote: April 29th, 2023, 9:12 am

Next- shrill
Butterfly McQueen

Next: Cloy

Sepiatone
Cinemaspeak59

Post by Cinemaspeak59 »

Deanna Durbin (even though I love her)

Next: fancies himself/herself an intellectual
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Alec Baldwin

next: usually plays chicks with insufferable personalities
laffite

Post by laffite »

Glenda Farrell

next : played a character you would not have to dinner
Intrepid37

Post by Intrepid37 »

Jerry Lewis

Next: bow-legged woman
LiamCasey

Post by LiamCasey »

Harry Morgan (Who once sang as Colonel Potter, "I like to go swimming with bow-legged women and swim between their legs.")

Next: a Klingon