Christmas presents and festive stories

Chit-chat, current events
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

A lovely story Klondike, it's really touched me.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, heavens only knows when I'll get time to log on again :D
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Klonnie - what a beautiful story and I am counting my blessings as I read. How wonderful the tribute.

Judith - that sounds like my kind of gift. Broadway, here I come.

However, I got my usual 10 pounds of chocolate and Barbie furniture. (I have a Victorian house stuffeed with toys for all the kids who visit.)
We don't have kids and I guess never will so we buy for everyone else we know...which adds up to about 35 people. The spouse (Big Bird?) and I only buy a couple of small gifts for each other and they were very thoughtful and appreciated.

I hope none of you got coal...unless you need it for your furnace.
Brrrr....
charliechaplinfan

Nancy suggested I post a picture of my Christmas presents. Whilst they were little I wanted some nice portraits taking of the kids, it was nice to get on one myself too.

No touch up needed!! It's at the top of my stairs, it makes me smile everyday.

These show the character of both children

Plenty of energy here!

Such a princess.
Last edited by charliechaplinfan on January 27th, 2009, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Geez, you just want to get your hands on them so you could hug them! They look like they just might keep you busy! :lol: :lol: Thanks for sharing, the photos made my day (and it's been less than stellar today!) :shock:
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be.. It's the way it is..
The way we cope with it, is what makes the difference." ~ Virginia Satir
""Most people pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that they hurry past it." ~ Soren Kierkegaard
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Nancy:

Sorry it is not good today. Think warm thoughts and have a chocolate.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
charliechaplinfan

Thanks Nancy.

It's soooo difficult to tell them off :roll: :D
mrsl

Post by mrsl »

Those are the best kind of presents. They're beautiful. Have fun with them, they get big so quick.

Anne
Anne

* * * * * * * * What is past is prologue. * * * * * * * *

]***********************************************************************
charliechaplinfan

That's why I wanted to capture them at this age, I'd thought about doing it for ages and it suddenly struck me that if I kept procrastinating they'd get bigger me.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Those are great - I love that it's so full of life. No 'cross-your-ankles and sit still' shots like when we were kids. I think you may have a couple of future stars on your hands.
B
movieman1957
Administrator

Re: Christmas presents and festive stories

Post by movieman1957 »

2009 Edition

What did you get?
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

15 inches of snow. My older son swears Andy Williams is a liar....when I asked what he meant, he started singing "Its the most wonderful time of the year" on his way out to shovel yet again....

Actually, I received the best present in the world...time with both of my sons, laughter,and good food.
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

movieman1957 wrote:2009 Edition

What did you get?
Family time and good news--as of three days before Christmas one branch of the family has a newborn boy named Gavin (already trying to lift his head, or so his proud papa claims) and another limb has just announced that the ultimate career gal in the clan and her dear husband are expecting in June! So I guess I got the best presents of all:
Hope and Joy!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
charliechaplinfan

It's lovely to have kids in the family. My kids are the only ones, our family in entirety is quite small and top heavy, they gets lots of gifts and attention.

I was a lucky girl this year. I got some very thoughtful presents from home and abroad. I now have plenty movies to watch and books to read. Especially books to read. My best friend from my school days has got me 4 books from Amazon. Lulu in Hollywood, The Hoosier Tornado about Carole Lombard, Simon Callow's first volume on Orson Welles and Myrna Loy's autobiography. My inlaws bought me the Victor FLeming book and Kevin Brownlow's book on David Lean and I picked out a great book on Harriet Louise the in house photographer at MGM before Hurrell, I love stills from the 1920's.

We got plenty of snow too.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Hooray, Moira!
Chris

Birdy

Post by Birdy »

What did I get for Christmas?
The stomach flu.

What did my husband get?
The truck stuck.

Seriously, Although Christmas Day was a flop, we made it to the big Christmas Eve celebration at my folks. Huge turkey dinner, Dad dressed up as Santa, carols around the spinet, gifts piled all over the room, a birthday cake for Jesus and lots of mistletoe.
Yes, we're a little nutty over Christmas and love it! I'm very lucky to have them all even though by the gifts I sometimes wonder if anyone knows me at all. Wish someone had bought me that Carole Lombard book - I should have put them in touch with you all for hints.

Hope you all are warm and safe and have nice, full bellies. In my case, 2 outa 3 ain't bad!