Timothy Carey

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
ChiO

Re: Timothy Carey

Post by ChiO »

Anything planned for your anniversary?
Yes, but nothing special (why is it that years ending in "5" or "0" are special, but 29...eh). Especially tough this year because, as you well know, it's on a Monday (yawn). Plus, due to the vagaries of the calendar, it is Monday of Holy Week (our Easter, excuse me, the Easter is on May 5). With fasting for Lent (I'm ready to create mayhem for a piece of cheese) and the start of Holy Week, it's inappropriate for us to engage in our usual culinary activities. Luckily, one of the two high-end totally vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Chicago is a mere 3 blocks from our temporary crib, so we're going there on Sunday night.

I have considered scheduling a psychiatric exam for her next year so we can know with some sense of finality what has possessed her to stick with me for this long. But, I think she considers my week in San Francisco at the Roxie starting May 11 to be her belated anniversary gift. Whatta woman!

So, what have you got on tap for the 29th on the 29th? (Hey, maybe that makes it special.)
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

A weekend away if we can swing it. The Bride has a cousin in Philly if it happens and then Monday with just us. Every year is special no matter what they number it ends in.

I knew about the house and the situation. Couldn't imagine having to go through that. Do I understand the rest of your post indicates a Greek Orthodox connection? One of my dearest friends is Greek and grew up in that faith. She's Baptist now. How's that for a change?

I hope it's a special day no matter how you celebrate.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

Win one, lose one.

I was raised a Baptist. Now Greek Orthodox. Or, as I once told our Bishop, "We truly have a Greek Orthodox marriage. She's Greek. I'm Orthodox."
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles