GENE TIERNEY - Beautiful.

Discussion of the actors, directors and film-makers who 'made it all happen'
Vecchiolarry

Re: GENE TIERNEY - Beautiful.

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Erik,

The lady with Bruce Cabot is his wife, Fran... She was an actress too, but I can't recall her name. She later married a French diplomat in the DeGaulle government and entertained lavishly in Switzerland and Italy. She and Clare Booth Luce were noted for their 'hostessing fame' in Italy. She was a sort of "Perle Mesta of Rome" in the 60's...

I think(???) that's Ed Judson behind Rita...

Larry
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Vecchiolarry wrote:Hi Erik,

The lady with Bruce Cabot is his wife, Fran... She was an actress too, but I can't recall her name. She later married a French diplomat in the DeGaulle government and entertained lavishly in Switzerland and Italy. She and Clare Booth Luce were noted for their 'hostessing fame' in Italy. She was a sort of "Perle Mesta of Rome" in the 60's...

I think(???) that's Ed Judson behind Rita...

Larry
You are right that is Ed Judson ... thanks for the additional comments and I will note a record of that Larry. Thanks for sharing it.
Western Guy

Post by Western Guy »

Always recall the line from the MASH episode where Alan Alda, referring to Gene, says how he loved her overbite.

Ditto!

For some reason I always saw a slight resemblance between Gene and another Jean: Peters.

Just watched the tape I recorded (yes, I still use VHS for recording, dinosaur that I am) of BELLE STARR. What a terrific Western. Gene was wonderful and, of course, kudos as always to Dana and Randolph (and the always entertaining Chill Wills). A big treat for me was watching those Warner Brothers "bad guy" stalwarts Joes Sawyer and Downing playing despicable as usual.

I really hope this gets released onto DVD soon. Sentimental fool that I am that final shot of Randolph Scott peering out the window really got to me.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

GENE TIERNEY
BEAUTIFUL NIGHTGOWN PHOTOGRAPH

Got this as a gift from a friend that collect her too. I have about 8-12 images of her ... and I try to post one of them once a while for your enjoyment.
Attachments
GTierney.jpg
GTierney.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 6490 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

GENE TIERNEY EYES ... BEWITCHING

Picture taken in the early 1940's ...
Attachments
Lovely Eyes Shown Here
Lovely Eyes Shown Here
Tierney Blue.jpg (188.02 KiB) Viewed 6471 times
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Here is another Gene Tierney Favorite
of Mine

I have about 30-50 images of her in my collection ... I usually get them from friends who collect her and I enjoyed getting them and at the same time I give them extras of Rita Hayworth for them to have. This is one romantic picture of her in that gorgeous nightgown that she has on.
Attachments
Tierney.jpg
Tierney.jpg (43.21 KiB) Viewed 6439 times
intothenitrate

Post by intothenitrate »

I've always wanted to see her in Tobacco Road.
"Immorality may be fun, but it isn't fun enough to take the place of one hundred percent virtue and three square meals a day."
Goodnight Basington
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Two Photos of Gene Tierney in Leave Her to Heaven ... 1945

I do collect certain photos for my enjoyment and I have a small collection of Gene Tierney's photographs ... and I always wanted to have these two photos from her movie Leave Her to Heaven back in 1945 of where she played a wife to Cornel Wilde as Ellen Berent Harland.

Of all the women actresses ever wore nightgowns in movies ... I consider this nightgown worn by Tierney as the most romantic nightgowns around. As you all know ... Gene Tierney and Rita Hayworth were great friends and I always consider Gene one of the most glamorous brunettes in Hollywood. :)

Enjoy these ...
Attachments
Tierney Heaven 1.jpg
Tierney Heaven 1.jpg (88.03 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
Tierney Heaven 2.jpg
Tierney Heaven 2.jpg (74.19 KiB) Viewed 6303 times
pvitari

Post by pvitari »

Attention all Gene Tierney (Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price, Darryl Hickman) fans...

Twilight Time will release Leave Her To Heaven on Blu-ray on May 14, and pre-orders start at 4 p.m. this Friday, April 19, only from Screen Archives Entertainment. (http://screenarchives.com)

This will be a limited pressing of only 3,000, so best to pre-order as soon as possible on Friday. :)

MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

that is definitely one to see on Blu-ray...
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

In a sloppy old bookstore here in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, I came across and bought ( for $8.00 ) Ben Ames Williams' "Leave Her to Heaven." I'm gathering the book will go into more detail over Ellen's sick twisted mind. Can't wait.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Wonderful, Tee! I can't wait for the details...

Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

Beautiful Gif Image Jack ... Those Blue Eyes Pop Gorgeously!
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

I have the book. It is slightly different but Gene's 'Ellen' is so much more compelling to me than the girl in the book.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[u]MissGoddess[/u] wrote:I have the book. It is slightly different but Gene's 'Ellen' is so much more compelling to me than the girl in the book.
I hear ya Miss G. I think I'll approach the book with a blank mind ( Holy cow...that will be easy to do ) and I'll keep the movie a movie, and the book, the book. In fact, when I was watching some of "Rebecca" last night, I was actually picturing Gene Tierney as Rebecca in my mind's eye. Gene Tierney can be cruelly beautiful. ( Heck I was in such shock to find that book while I was looking for more Woolrich that I just scooped it up. ) ( How chilling was that Mrs. Danvers?!!
[u]JackFavell[/u] wrote:Wonderful, Tee! I can't wait for the details...
Hey Wen, as soon as I finish I'll let'cha know. But it's going to take me an awful long while. You eat books in a day. Me, I just can't concentrate. I sometimes get aware that my eyes are crossing a page reading words. Yeah...silly. :roll: Say, I saw Jack Favell in "Rebecca." Tell us again, why did you pick his name as your on-line moniker? The dear boy didn't seem like a very nice chap in that movie.

I like the Tumblr shot of Gene. She really is beautiful, isn't she? What a performance.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com