YOU Tube'n

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
klondike

Re: YOU Tube'n

Post by klondike »

No criticism intended, no apology needed, Friend; I thought the repetition itself was pretty funny!
And that's primarily what this thread's for, right?
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

MichiganJ wrote:Sorry. Internet still down for regular computer so only access is iPhone. I'll refrain from posting for time being.
Kev, I started this thread because we all need to laugh, and the more laughter, the better!!! So post away. I have double posted myself on occasion, but like I said, the more we laugh (especially at ourselves) the healthier and happier we are. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MichiganJ

Post by MichiganJ »

Oops, didn't mean to come across as being upset. Just trying to explain why I didn't see previous posts. My scroll finger was a bit sticky from the powdered sugar as I wast typing on phone, eating Krispy Kremes with a large cup o' joe, reading the Times, adjusting me tie, all while having the GPS yelling "Recalculating" at me even though I know exactly where I'm going. Oh man, my shoe lace is untied. let me fix that.
"Let's be independent together." Dr. Hermey DDS
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

um, never mind...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (and you didn't sound upset at all....maybe a little distracted??? :shock: :shock: :shock: )
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

mmmm..... Krispy Kremes......
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

MichiganJ wrote:Sorry. Internet still down for regular computer so only access is iPhone. I'll refrain from posting for time being.
PLEASE! Don't refrain from posting. I never saw any other one of the talkikng dog last Friday. This was wonderful, MichJ. Post away if you can make me laugh it's most welcome.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

How a Pencil is Made.

A friend of mine sent me an e-mail about this ... and I thought it would be 8) to share this to all of you here.

[youtube][/youtube]

It's pretty neat.
klondike

Post by klondike »

VERY intriguing, KM!

And on this topic, anybody know which 19th century writer/philosopher owed his inheritable wealth to his family having helped design the first "modern" (graphite-inside-wood) pencil ?
:roll:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

When Ralph Waldo Emerson asked, "Why is the graphite in there?", did he respond, ""Why do you have the graphite out there?"?
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
klondike

Post by klondike »

Nicely answered, Friend - I guess it wasn't exactly a stumper, was it?
( I am secretly impressed that an amicus curiae like yourself can appreciate a concept like civil disobedience! )
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Can I post something that isn't actually from youtube? I want to post it, but can't figure out where to put it.

I really love these. That will show you what kind of sick individual I really am.

http://www.muffinfilms.com/
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Perhaps I should have posted it in Comfort Foods.
Rita Hayworth

Post by Rita Hayworth »

JackFavell wrote:Perhaps I should have posted it in Comfort Foods.
JackFavell ... I was laughing my head off when I saw what you've posted ... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Glad you enjoyed it. :D
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

[youtube][/youtube]

I thank Bronxgirl for sharing this and I want to pass it along to you folks here. Rudy is a d - r - e - a - m - b - o - a - t !

By the way Jackaaaaaaaay, that video you posted last month of The Nicholas Bros. was fantastic with that new song. The music went well with their dance. And that dance number was the one that ended the documentary on them at this year's TCM Film Festival. When it ended, they received a standing ovation from the audience.

They are truly one of a kind. Thanx for posting that.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com