To Dream of Dogs

Chit-chat, current events
knitwit45

Re: To Dream of Dogs

Post by knitwit45 »

I thought maybe there was a local production of Bride of Frankenstein, and you were getting into character :shock: :lol: :shock:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Heh heh! I thought it looked like the bride too! Thanks for noticing my new do!
klondike

Post by klondike »

JackFavell wrote:I couldn't think of anything scarier than getting a perm back in "the good old days".
A perm ?! :shock:
I thought it was a good ol' fashioned scalp milking! :oops:
(Hey, I live in Vermont, and follow an NFL team from Wisconsin . . it's to be expected!)
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

So you're a cheesehead, eh? Well, I guess I shouldn't talk...I'm the one with the milking machine on my head.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Is that Joan Blondell? It sure looks like her cute smile, but I don't remember it from anything I have.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Yup, it's Joanie! I think I have more pics of Joan Blondell than almost any other star - I don't know why, but there are a ton of her, and she's such a cutie, I can't resist her, so I scavenge all the ones I can find. She looks a whole lot better in the salon chair than I ever do!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Tippy - R.I.P. beloved pet, October 26th, 2010

moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

I'm so sorry for your loss, Wendy. If those are your little ones, I just want you to know they are darling. I am sure that you and your family will cherish their memories of Tippy.

I have an old boy in my family too. His name is Bunker and every time I see him I think he gets a little greyer. The first picture below is how Bunky looked when he was a pup 9 years ago. Below is a recent photo. Despite his aging, he is still funny and tags after the four little nieces and nephews he lives with (who are aged 2 to 8 years of age). I don't know how they will handle it when Bunk joins his ancestors.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

wendy, tippi is adorable. i'm so sorry she's gone. i know how it feels. i'm thinking of you, andrew and alice.

"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Moira - thank you so much for your condolences. Bunker is adorable, I don't know which way he is cuter - as a puppy or as an old man. He immediately reminded me of:

JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

MissG -

Ooooooh! (snif) - thank you! You understand.
Birdy

Post by Birdy »

Wendy,
I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe you've had this loss...I've been dreading one as Rosa did not have a very good weekend. Just today I was going to come home and talk to my husband about what to do and when I pulled up, there she was in the yard walking around with him. I couldn't believe it. They say dog is man's best friend, but she is better than most of mankind. She has done nothing but love her entire life. She only wants to please everyone and every animal around her. Daisy, the other dog, checks on her a lot and Mama Kitty takes care of her by allowing herself to be used as a pillow.

Thank you, Miss Goddess, for posting that beautiful sentiment, even though I had to hurry and get up from the laptop before I spilled tears all over it.

Birdy
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thank you Birdy, for your very kind words.

It is very hard watching and waiting, trying to know what is the right thing to do, when is the right time, and feeling so sad and awful about it. As you say, you just want to do the most you can to help those who are so unselfish with their love. I didn't realize how much I was doing for him until I didn't have to do it anymore. Now I feel a bit lost without my normal routine, taking him for a walk down the street to see his doggie friend Ella, and all the million little things to do all day to make him comfortable.

You are on my mind a lot. I am so glad Rosa is up and about, I am rooting for you all, it cheers me so much to know she is doing better. :D
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Wendy, I'm so sorry for your loss. When we "sign on" with a puppy or even an adult dog, we sign on for life, but their lives just don't last long enough. Sometimes the most loving thing we can do for them is to let them go. I'm glad for you, that you have had so many good years with that handsome little guy, and that you have an army of friends here to help you mourn the loss.

Nancy
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Nancy, that is so kind. Thank you very much, my good friend.

I appreciate that I can come here and talk about it. It has truly helped me. Today, I am actually feeling some relief, because I have gotten almost no sleep for the last I don't know how long. Tippy was always up every few hours all night, and at the end it was every hour or half hour to go to outside. It's amazing how much better the world looks to me after having 2 good night's sleep.