The Advice Column

Chit-chat, current events
Rita Hayworth

Re: The Advice Column

Post by Rita Hayworth »

RedRiver wrote:I get drafted for top shelf duty in the library. Not only am I on the tall side, I have arms like an orangutan! Since I'm always at the library anyway, this is a nice way to be of service.
I don't have arms like an orangutan ... but I'm 6'5" and many times strangers come to me to help them to get the books they need on the top shelf in the library.

I'm like you Red River!
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

As a naughty read Fifty Shades failed spectularly for me, it won't be spicing things up in our house. All I saw was Mark Zuckerburg which is the only 20 something self made billionaire that I know of, my neighbour was horriified and showed me that actor who is shortlisted to play the male lead. I've no idea who he was, perhaps they should cast Prince Harry :wink:
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Geeezz, can't a madcap scamp of a royal have a little fun here in the Colonies?!!!

What happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas. By the by...where CAN I see those pix of Harry? You have another mouth to feeeeed now...your new little puppy ( Lara ) so aren't your spice days over? :shock:
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

Stop cravin', Maven!
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

:) haaaa! I hear ya! Ooh did it show?

RedRiver

Post by RedRiver »

I don't know about pix of the prince, but there's a congressman under fire for skinny dipping in The Sea of Galilee. For Heaven's sake! There are enough reasons to pick on politicians without worrying about a little harmless fun. If a guy wants to strip and dip, who cares?
charliechaplinfan

The pictures of Harry were published in the Sun of Friday, front page, naked with offending bits covered, the day I chose to go to the hairdressers who has a copy, at least this time it had a naked man to match the topless woman on page three. Even Joe thinks topless girls are tacky in papers.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Excuse me for mentioning this but offending bits were covered and he has nothing to be ashamed of, body wise.
charliechaplinfan

Nothing to be ashamed of at all :wink:
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

He's just raised his street cred exponentially; besides, this'll be a great story to tell his grandchildren...as he's chastising them for doing somethiing bawdy forty years from now.

PRINCE HARRY'S GRANDSON: "Granfother, remember when you were a lad and you were in America, in Nevada and--"

PRINCE HARRY: "Now now, Albert. Don't correct your elders. Do as I say not as I do. Psst! But I did have a jolly good time when I was young, what. Don't tell your mother."

charliechaplinfan

His only crime is to be niave and found out, compared to some in his families history I'm sure his exploits are nothing in comparison.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

Here's a piece of advice I can use because I'm always throwing out wilty lettuce:

A great way to keep salad leaves crisp is to wash and pat dry then wrap them in a linen tea towel and place in the fridge. Lettuce and salad greens can be kept that way for several days…
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

That's a great idea! I have found that it keeps longer if you remove it from the plastic it's already in, and place it in a different freezer size bag without washing it, with all the air crushed out of it. but now I'll try the tea towel trick. It probably works better.
MissGoddess

Post by MissGoddess »

i wonder if it will work with a cotton tea towel, which is what i have.
"There's only one thing that can kill the movies, and that's education."
-- Will Rogers
charliechaplinfan

The countless times I've thrown out wilted lettuce leaves, thanks for this tip :wink: