YOU Tube'n

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
RedRiver

Re: YOU Tube'n

Post by RedRiver »

I'LL BE SEEING YOU has a quiet, intimate appeal. On the surface, it reminds me of THE CLOCK, another small scale, WW2 love story. For me, the unforgettable Joseph Cotten role is the guy about to be buried alive in ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS! Creepy!
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Thanks Moira, I've been hearing about I'll Be Seeing You for a couple years now, and never got a chance to see it!

And I love Roddy McDowell.
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Some of you have been around long enough to remember one of our members, "inglis." Carol and I have continued to stay in touch long after she eased out of her computer time. She is a songwriter and has been kind enough to share some of her songs with me. She has been gracious enough to suffer through some of mine. (This is where Nancy usually says something nice about my music. Thanks Nancy.)

Recently Carol recorded one of her songs and put it on YouTube. With her kind permission - enjoy.

[youtube][/youtube]
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Well, it IS lovely music, Christopher!!!! (that's my mom voice) Thanks for sharing this with us. When next you speak or write to Carol, tell her hello and wish her well for me. And stop running your talents down (now that really IS my mom voice) :wink: :wink:
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Yes, I didn't know her, but she's very good. Wish I could play and sing like that!
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

knitwit45 wrote:Well, it IS lovely music, Christopher!!!! (that's my mom voice) Thanks for sharing this with us. When next you speak or write to Carol, tell her hello and wish her well for me. And stop running your talents down (now that really IS my mom voice) :wink: :wink:
If you want to do my mother's voice you better make it Joel Christopher! (And thanks again.)

I will tell Carol.
Chris

CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Seeing Chris' friend and artist, Carol Paci perform, reminds me of how difficult it is to be an indie artist in this day and age of juggernauts like Nicki Minaj or Lady Gaga. (I know...I know, you're saying "WHO??!!") Ms. Paci hearkens back to a time of Carole King, Carly Simon, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, M'shelle Ndegocello, etc. I've been producing a web series called "MEG RAMSEY", the story of a woman who leaves the corporate world to become a singer song writer. I've been showing the comic trials and tribulations of Meg's journey to being an independent creative spirit. Here's a song done by her:

[youtube][/youtube]

Stay creative everyone, in whatever genre that may be. If you can, share your work here. I'm very curious about you all.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

I write music. Not in a while but I've written things for my bride and more recently for church. I have things on a CD but wouldn't know how to get them on here or anywhere. Nancy only knows mine because I emailed her a song one time.
Chris

knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

and it is LOVELY!!!!!! :D
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

My little brother had this game back in the 60's:

[youtube][/youtube]
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh my gosh, I remember those games. They were so cool!
moira finnie
Administrator

Forever and a Day

Post by moira finnie »

Forever and a Day (1943), a cooperative film made to raise money for war relief is on youtube for only two nights. The movie features just about every British actor you can think of in that period and a few Americans, among them Buster Keaton, Edward Everett Horton, and Kent Smith, who plays an American who learns about the life and traditions in one old house in London. It's lots of fun to spot some favorites in miniscule parts, and even if it doesn't all hang together dramatically, it has its moments, episodically. A favorite pair: Gladys Cooper and Roland Young. Enjoy!

[youtube][/youtube]
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Oh great! I can't wait to watch.

is that ida in the screen capture they used in the still frame?
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

JackFavell wrote:Oh great! I can't wait to watch.

is that ida in the screen capture they used in the still frame?
Yes, as I recall she plays a cockney maid who strikes sparks with Brian Aherne.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
Mr. Arkadin

Post by Mr. Arkadin »

movieman1957 wrote:I write music. Not in a while but I've written things for my bride and more recently for church. I have things on a CD but wouldn't know how to get them on here or anywhere. Nancy only knows mine because I emailed her a song one time.
Check out ReverbNation:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... RQ&cad=rja

You can do pretty much anything from this site and it's a good place to sell yourself, your music, whatever. I'm working on an EP right now and will probably be releasing it here.