The Royals!

Films, TV shows, and books of the 'modern' era
charliechaplinfan

Re: The Royals!

Post by charliechaplinfan »

Less than 12 weeks, she's got a severe form of morning sickness, I forget the technical term but she can't keep anything down not even water so has to have hospital treatment. No word on when she is due so far, if she hadn't been ill I doubt we'd have known abou it. There's not a lot of her anyway, she can't afford to lose anymore weight. I'm hoping everything goes fine for her. It's great to turn on the news to get good news for a change.
Last edited by charliechaplinfan on December 4th, 2012, 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I hope she feels better soon, maybe at about this point the morning sickness will subside? Mine stopped about 3 months or so, just as I figured out that vanilla ice cream and yellow cake for breakfast made me feel better.
charliechaplinfan

The kind she's got can go on for all the pregnancy but let's hope it clears up soon. Someone let slip that this form of sickness is more prevalent with girls and with twins. I know one shouldn't have preferences but I'd like to see a girl being born, it would be fitting after this jubilee year, I'd bet on Elizabeth being one of the names.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Great news about the baby; but the morning sickness ain't so great.....
Two nurse friends of mine advise "flat ginger ale" - for what it's worth...

Already name speculation(s) are appearing. Mine are:
James for a boy - to honour Scotland.
Philippa for a girl - to honour Prince Philip; and Queen Philippa, the wife of Edward III back in the 1300's; and Philippa, a princess who married a Portugese king around 1400.

Larry
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Well, one thing we know, Kate and William will pick the perfect name I'm sure. No celebrity baby names like Apple or King Javier or Bronx or Sundance or Mowgli.
CineMaven

Post by CineMaven »

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me. But Mowgli is my middle name.
"You build my gallows high, baby."

http://www.megramsey.com
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

:D :D
Sue Sue Applegate
Administrator

Post by Sue Sue Applegate »

I am soooooo tickled about the baby!!!!! I hope she recovers quickly. Elizabeth if it's a girl, Wills if it's a boy.
Blog: http://suesueapplegate.wordpress.com/
Twitter:@suesueapplegate
TCM Message Boards: http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/topic/ ... ue-sue-ii/
Sue Sue : https://www.facebook.com/groups/611323215621862/
Thelma Ritter: Hollywood's Favorite New Yorker, University Press of Mississippi-2023
Avatar: Ginger Rogers, The Major and The Minor
charliechaplinfan

Has anyone heard about the Austrailian radio presenters who rang the private hospital pretending to be the Queen inquiring about Kate and sounding nothing like the Queen yet got information on Kate's condition? You would think for a patient as high profile as Kate that a password would have been arranged before any information was given out.
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

I hadn't heard that! That's terrible. You'd think the hospital staff would at least have been briefed on how to respond to calls.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi,

Catherine is out of the hospital now and while smiling for the press, she does look exceedingly thin and pale.....
I understand that all her engagements have been cancelled and she has been ordered to rest. Smart...

It was nice to see The Queen visited her; she doesn't do that for too many....

Larry
charliechaplinfan

Catherine is very thin anyway, it's natural for her, she's a pretty sporty type of girl but there isn't any extra meat on those bones to use as extra energy. I'm glad to see her looking so well as she leaves hospital. She makes me smile, she's so natural and they seem so much in love. It occured to me what else I like about the Royals and that is that they liven up a news boradcast, when 90 percent of all news is usually bad, it's lovely to see footage of the Royals doing opening hospitals etc. I hope after those awful snaps in France that the press will noce again back off and let them have some space, let Catherine enjoy her pregnancy in peace and quiet. No word on when it is due yet. I was gald to hear that the Queen had visited, you're right Larry, it will have taken a bit of juggling of her diary.
Vecchiolarry

Post by Vecchiolarry »

Hi Alison,

Speculation over here is that she will deliver in July.... But it's all guess work, isn't it?
Like you, I only hope for a healthy baby - all fingers and toes and a little nose!!!
Plus all the rest, of course....

Larry
charliechaplinfan

No doubt you'll have heard about the nurse who got the hoax call. To feel so bad about the hoax to take your own life. The hoax call, who'd ever have thought it would end up so tragic. The Duke and Duchess have expressed their condoldences. When you read the transcript of the conversation it was harmless. What a harbinger of woe, from such good news. it is quite unbelievable.
feaito

Post by feaito »

I read that the presenters of the Australian radio station who made the bad-taste joke, had made other untasteful pranks to other people. I do not envy them; they'll have on their consciences the death of an innocent woman.