Along Came Jones

next : Your first crush screen wise, male of female
Dargo

Re: What actor/actress comes to mind?

Post by Dargo »

laffite wrote: February 24th, 2024, 6:01 pm Gary Cooper

Along Came Jones

Stefanie Powers (with Yvonne Craig a very close second)

(...btw laffite, and the only reason I quoted you here, was to question your "Gary Cooper in Along Came Jones" reponse to ziggy's "unique tv Western hero" query here...ya see, I would've thought something more along the lines of Richard Boone in 'Have Gun, Will Travel' would have been more of what ziggy was goin' for here...jus' sayin') ;)

Next: favorite actor that played Jesus Christ
laffite

Post by laffite »

Dargo wrote: February 24th, 2024, 6:56 pm

Along Came Jones

(...btw laffite, and the only reason I quoted you here, was to question your "Gary Cooper in Along Came Jones" reponse to ziggy's "unique tv Western hero" query here...ya see, I would've thought something more along the lines of Richard Boone in 'Have Gun, Will Travel' would have been more of what ziggy was goin' for here...jus' sayin') ;)

My bad. Actually and yes true, Richard Boone was the first that came to mind. But i then crossed over into regular movies and lost track of the category.

My very first crush was Dorothy Collins, though she wasn't principally in movies.She is from Your Hit Parade.

Swithin

Post by Swithin »

Dargo wrote: February 24th, 2024, 6:56 pm

Along Came Jones

Dargo, I don't think responses here should ever be questioned. It's about what the responder wants to post, not what was in the mind of the person who set the post.
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

H.B. Warner

Next: Played a Dickens villain
ziggy6708a

Post by ziggy6708a »

why can't it be questioned IF IT DOESN'T FIT THE QUERY ??
:smiley_huh:
was "mr6666" @ TCM
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Swithin wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:03 pm H.B. Warner

Next: Played a Dickens villain
Jerry Lewis

(...well Swithin, you just SAID, now didn't YOU???!!!) LOL ;)

Okay okay, real answer here: Alec Guinness

Next: a bumbler
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

I agree with Ziggy and Dargo. If the post does not fit the question, it can be questioned. In this case it was probably just forgetting which thread, lafitte was probably thinking of the film thread, it happens to all of us every now and then.

Next : dargo posted " a bumbler "
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

KayFrancis wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:21 pm I agree with Ziggy and Dargo. If the post does not fit the question, it can be questioned. In this case it was probably just forgetting which thread, lafitte was probably thinking of the film thread, it happens to all of us every now and then.

I agree it has to vaguely fit the question, and not be outrageously out of line, but there's a wide berth. The first poster should not be "going for" a specific response.

Ronald Pickup

Next:

Played an Irish political figure (i.e. in Ireland)
Dargo

Post by Dargo »

Clark Gable (in 'Parnell')

Next: a coal miner
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Swithin wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:49 pm
KayFrancis wrote: February 24th, 2024, 8:21 pm I agree with Ziggy and Dargo. If the post does not fit the question, it can be questioned. In this case it was probably just forgetting which thread, lafitte was probably thinking of the film thread, it happens to all of us every now and then.

I agree it has to vaguely fit the question, and not be outrageously out of line, but there's a wide berth. The first poster should not be "going for" a specific response.

Ronald Pickup

Next:

No one is saying that anyone should be looking for a specific response. Dargo mentioned Richard Boone and Have Gun Will Travel because that answer would fit the question. The question specifically was asking about TV, not film. Laffite's answer of Gary Cooper and Along Came Jones did not fit , since that was a film and Gary Cooper never appeared in a TV western series but an example of Richard Boone and Have Gun Will Travel would be an appropriate answer. Dargo used it as an example of what would be an appropriate answer . No one is saying that there are right and wrong answers, just that it has to fit the thread.

Next : Swithin asked
" played an Irish political figure
( ie in Ireland ) "
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

KayFrancis wrote: February 24th, 2024, 10:17 pm

Ronald Pickup

Next:

No one is saying that anyone should be looking for a specific response. Dargo mentioned Richard Boone and Have Gun Will Travel because that answer would fit the question. The question specifically was asking about TV, not film. Laffite's answer of Gary Cooper and Along Came Jones did not fit , since that was a film and Gary Cooper never appeared in a TV western series but an example of Richard Boone and Have Gun Will Travel would be an appropriate answer. Dargo used it as an example of what would be an appropriate answer . No one is saying that there are right and wrong answers, just that it has to fit the thread.

( ie in Ireland ) "
Swithin

Post by Swithin »

KayFrancis wrote: February 24th, 2024, 10:19 pm
KayFrancis wrote: February 24th, 2024, 10:17 pm

Ronald Pickup

Next:

( ie in Ireland ) "
Maybe the safe thing to do is not to name the source movie or TV show. We're only obliged to name the actor!

Next: Played an Irish political figure (i.e. in Ireland)
KayFrancis

Post by KayFrancis »

Swithin, it wouldn't have mattered if lafitte left out Along Came Jones, lafitte's answer of Gary Cooper would not fit, since the question asked about an actor in a TV show. Gary Cooper never appeared in a TV show, he was strictly a film actor. Mentioning Along Came Jones was just an add on. This was just lafitte forgetting which thread he was in, no biggie. Mentioning the tv show or film is just an added plus, not mandatory. We all agree that the answer should fit the question, let's leave it at that 😊

Swithin posted the next question

( ie in Ireland ) "