mongoII

Re: *CANDIDS*

Post by mongoII »

Clara Bow and husband Rex Bell enjoying an event in the 1930s
Joseph Goodheart
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

I love that picture of Clara and Rex, such a beautiful couple. Thank heavens for Rex in her life, everyone else seemed to be on the take with her.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

FEBRUARY 17th. BIRTHDAYS

PATRICIA MORROW is 66 today

HAL HOLBROOK is 85 today

ALAN BATES (1934 - 2003)

RAF VALLONE (1916 - 2002)

ARTHUR KENNEDY (1914 - 1990)

WAYNE MORRIS (1914 - 1959)

ARTHUR HUNNICUTT (1910 -1979)

MARC LAWRENCE (1910 - 2005)

MARY BRIAN (1906 - 2002)
Last edited by mongoII on February 17th, 2010, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Wow, three of my favorite, i-was-born-too-late crushes, Raf Vallone, Alan Bates and Arthur Kennedy, were born on one day! There must be something about those Pisces boys.
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
klondike

Post by klondike »

Poor Arthur Hunnicut; he's dagnabbitting all over the CCC Campus Quad, knocking over all the goofy snowmen, all a-lather over not making it onto Dean Finnie's birthday-favorites list . .
Awwwww, Jimminy, now he's yellin' 'bout what's Art Kennedy got that I don't got! . . .
I offered to take him keel-boatin' up the Missouri for auld lang syne's, come this Summer, but he weren't havin' it . . look's like somebody's gonna be pullin' corks & hurlin' jugs 'neath the pale moonlight tonight!
:roll: :evil: :shock: :roll: :cry: :shock: :roll: :evil: :shock: :roll:
ChiO

Post by ChiO »

There must be something about those Pisces boys.
Moira, I've been trying to convince Mrs. ChiO of that for years.
Everyday people...that's what's wrong with the world. -- Morgan Morgan
I love movies. But don't get me wrong. I hate Hollywood. -- Orson Welles
Movies can only go forward in spite of the motion picture industry. -- Orson Welles
feaito

Post by feaito »

I don't know about Pisces boys but my Pisces girl is the most complete woman in all the sense of the word that I've ever met. I just adore her! :D
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

I just love Wayne Morris -- he was so darn cute. So many fogettable movies -- but he showed his stuff for real in Paths of Glory and The Time of Your Life. I was re-viewing Time of Your Life only recently, and to me, Morris is the best thing in it, as the not-so-bright but highly principled and sweet Big Lug. The movie is rather drab and plodding, but it picks up speed every time Morris is onscreen (Wm. Bendix helps, too). Morris did the boy/man ingenue really well.
mongoII

Post by mongoII »

ONCE UPON A TIME....
there lived a striking couple
They strolled
They danced
and they loved
BARBARA STANWYCK & ROBERT TAYLOR
Joseph Goodheart
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Beautiful photos of the Taylors "in happier days", Mongo. I guess this photographic evidence should convince those guys on the TCM board that Babs had a nice head of hair all her own, eh?
klondike wrote:Poor Arthur Hunnicut; he's dagnabbitting all over the CCC Campus Quad, knocking over all the goofy snowmen, all a-lather over not making it onto Dean Finnie's birthday-favorites list . .
Awwwww, Jimminy, now he's yellin' 'bout what's Art Kennedy got that I don't got! . . .
I offered to take him keel-boatin' up the Missouri for auld lang syne's, come this Summer, but he weren't havin' it . . look's like somebody's gonna be pullin' corks & hurlin' jugs 'neath the pale moonlight tonight!
:roll: :evil: :shock: :roll: :cry: :shock: :roll: :evil: :shock: :roll:
I almost threw Arthur H. into the group, but felt that no one would believe me. Please ask Art to send the coon skin hat and the buckskins to the cleaners and then ask me to go on that keel boat ride some night in June. We'll see what develops, especially if there is no moon.
ChiO wrote:
There must be something about those Pisces boys.
Moira, I've been trying to convince Mrs. ChiO of that for years.
Why not show Mrs. ChiO the following info gleaned from the internet, (so it must be true, huh?). I think you can cross off the trait under "Dislikes" about "Revealing private life" since this post by you seems to have blown that one out of the water.

Traits of a Pisces:

* Shy
* Romantic
* Trustworthy
* Aloof
* Dreamy
* Creative
* Understanding
* Unrealistic
* Impractical

Likes...

* Romance
* Nature
* Ambient music
* Poetry
* Mystical settings
* Being loved / wanted
* Freedom
* Privacy

Dislikes...

* Noise
* Crowds
* Dirt & ugliness
* Garish objects
* Being reminded
* Tight spaces
* Authority
* Revealing private life
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
feaito

Post by feaito »

I feel quite identified with Pisces traits, likes and dislikes...but I'm a Leo!!!... Weird.....Those traits, likes and dislikes apply to Pisces of both sexes Moira?
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

kingrat wrote:Love the picture of Alan Bates. His fans might want to look for the excellent biography by Donald Spoto, OTHERWISE ENGAGED.
I looked at that book but am a bit dubios about Spoto as a biographer, maybe I should give it a try, thanks kingrat.

Dear Moira, Alan Bates is mine too :wink:

Fernando said 'I feel quite identified with Pisces traits, likes and dislikes...but I'm a Leo!!!... Weird.....Those traits, likes and dislikes apply to Pisces of both sexes Moira?'

My son is a Leo and he's an absolute handful, conforms to all the character traits of a Leo and don't we all know it.

Lovely pictures of Barbara and Robert in happier times.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
JackFavell

Post by JackFavell »

Not to be stupid, but what happened there, between Taylor and Stanwyck? For years I heard about their long relationship, but I never knew what happened. I am sure someone can clue me in.... I am such a dunce when it comes to background stories.
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Joe,

That look that Missy is giving Robert Taylor in the dancing photo is wonderful. She looks so much in love it makes you want to smack the crap out of Taylor for fooling around with other women while married to Stanwyck.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese