Christmas, Thanksgiving and other festivals

Chit-chat, current events
Ann Harding

Re: Christmas, Thanksgiving and other festivals

Post by Ann Harding »

I wish you all on SSO a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!! :D :D :D

(Sorry I wasn't much around this year. I will try to participate more from now on.)
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Good to see you back, Christine! You have been missed. Joyeux Noel
charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL AND PEACE, JOY AND GOODWILL TO EVERYONE.

We're tracking Santa and as we speak he's in the middle of Russia. He's nearly here and

WE ARE SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
jdb1

Post by jdb1 »

All the best to all our SSO-ers around the world. I can't wait to dive into those Christmas goodies, especially the Champagne.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
moira finnie
Administrator

Post by moira finnie »

Merry Christmas to all!
Avatar: Frank McHugh (1898-1981)

The Skeins
TCM Movie Morlocks
movieman1957
Administrator

Post by movieman1957 »

Merry Christmas!! God bless us, everyone.
Chris

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
feaito

Post by feaito »

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU FRIENDS :D :D :D
Lzcutter
Administrator

Post by Lzcutter »

Merry Christmas everyone!

May your holidays be filled with lots of love, joy and friendship.

And may the New Year be the best one yet.
Lynn in Lake Balboa

"Film is history. With every foot of film lost, we lose a link to our culture, to the world around us, to each other and to ourselves."

"For me, John Wayne has only become more impressive over time." Marty Scorsese

charliechaplinfan

Post by charliechaplinfan »

We attended the first mass of Christmas at 7.30 on Christmas Eve, half an hour of carols and then the mass itself. It's one of my favorite traditions of Christmas, seeing all your neighbours and wishing each one well, sharing the story of Christmas with the children. Joe was so excited when the statue of Jesus was carried out and put into the crib.

I'd forgotten how quickly kids can unwrap presents, rip, rip, rip, with no stop for breath. Only afterwards to they go back to look at everything. Even now though I love wrapped presents, I love the thoughtfulness of giver to wrap the present and give me a surprise.

You should see my living room, I don't think I'll ever be tidy again. Every toy comes with lots and lots of small parts, each undistinguishable from one another,each taking for ever to get out of the packet, everyone designed to get lost. Once out the packet each item is given a precursory look at before another box is presented for opening.

My husband is officially now more intelligent than me, seeing as it took me 15 minutes to follow only part of the instructions on a transformer designed for a 5 year old.

I have a fatal weakness for good old traditional trifle, I eat it until I feel so sick and then still carry on and another Christmas dinner to go tomorrow.
Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself - Charlie Chaplin
knitwit45

Post by knitwit45 »

Alison, hearing of your Christmas celebrations is almost like being there. I can just see little Joe ripping through the paper and ribbons, smell the Christmas tree and all the cookies I'm sure you baked, and hear your laughter as the kids pounced on the presents. Thanks for sharing!!!

My 2 sons were able to spend Christmas Eve and Day with me, the one who lives here was an hour and 45 minutes getting to my house, a trip that normally takes 30 minutes. Since Christmas eve day, we've accumulated about a foot of snow, very unusual for this area. There are 2 5 foot drifts on the sides of the driveway, courtesy of my sons. They brought a Wii console, and we've been bowling like mad. Really fun, I keep telling them they should leave it here so they don't have to lug it home....no luck so far....

I hope all of you are safe and sound and warm and happy....I am!!!!